Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Some good articles from Spiked on Smoking bans and eCig bans

Hi..

Good collection of articles from various Journalists, regarding smoking bans (including eCig bans) which are spreading like Measles everywhere you look.
    Of course the real danger is not from Cigarette smoke but the violation of the rights and freedoms of ordinary people to make their own choices.. The hand wringers and zealots are intruding more and more and their demands are becoming increasingly outrageous!

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p...te/issues/C56/

Haha I like this quote

" Furthermore, as there are no butts, e-cigarettes also produce much less litter than regular ones."

Much less litter??? Do they mean no litter...
    JuiceWhore Sig

not if you ask my gf, little wrappers, silicon little bits and used cartos,driptips and attys everywhere..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Lol I second stoney

Quote Originally Posted by smitty87 View Post
    Much less litter??? Do they mean no litter...
    Attys, cartos, carts, tanks, etc don't last forever so there is definately "waste" but I think the difference here is no "litter". After all, we don't throw a carto out the car window when it's finished, or drop it on the street and crush under heal.

At least I hope not!

I wish we had shown the bottle of the Spanish and not just accepted all the rubbish bans on this that and the other imposed by our impoverished governments. Free, spirited, Australians everywhere just bent over and let them take away our freedom to choose.

I now do not smoke cigarettes but if any establishment wants to offer a smoking area inside for smokers that is their right and non smokers have the right not go into those areas. But to make a widespread ban was just plain stupidity. Now the attack will be on PVs or ecigarettes - why? because "smokers" look like they are enjoying themselves - simple as that (and of course not paying huge slices of tax).

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    I wish we had shown the bottle of the Spanish and not just accepted all the rubbish bans on this that and the other imposed by our impoverished governments. Free, spirited, Australians everywhere just bent over and let them take away our freedom to choose.

I now do not smoke cigarettes but if any establishment wants to offer a smoking area inside for smokers that is their right and non smokers have the right not go into those areas. But to make a widespread ban was just plain stupidity. Now the attack will be on PVs or ecigarettes - why? because "smokers" look like they are enjoying themselves - simple as that (and of course not paying huge slices of tax).
    I agree Valleyjohn- we have just bent over and let the prohibitionists put the pressure on and get laws changed to suit them.
    zealots have over many years crafted the anti smoker campaign and gradually increased the pressure,so that smokers are now villified as filthy outcasts..When the (totally erronious) study supporting the theory of second hand smoke hit the insurance companies they couldnt believe their luck! Now anyone complaining will be told their cigarette is going to kill their children and anyone else withing 50 metres - so its ok to have this little freedom ripped away for the common good.
    A familiar refrain from the Prohibitionists,
    No one has ever proved second hand smoke does anything but stink the place up but no one has taken on the Health nuts about this, to date , as far as I know.
    Drinkers will be the next in the crosshairs- and fat people in the UK are now being put at the bottom of the elective surgury list for hip replacements no matter how desparately they need an operation.
    NannyState is winding back our freedoms inch by inch and bit by bit, at an ever increasing rate.."for our own good"..

Super Moderator
    If I were this government I'd be more concerned about the increasing gross alcohol misuse (and the associated crime, social issues etc) rather than the declining rate of smoking (which includes the usage of PV's).

It's not only fat people in the UK. QLD is already making MacDonalds put up energy ratings on all their menu items.
    Clothing over a certain size is being targeted soon and will be made to have health warnings about being overweight.
    Many years ago, when I was trying to have children, I was told that I was trying to kill myself by smoking, so why should I be allowed to have children.
    Alcohol will be labelled with graphic labels like cigarettes.
    The Government has already stated that the process of labels and taxes are "helping" so many smokers that it is a proven policy that works and will be applied to all things dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Now anyone complaining will be told their cigarette is going to kill their children and anyone else withing 50 metres - so its ok to have this little freedom ripped away for the common good.
    A familiar refrain from the Prohibitionists,
    No one has ever proved second hand smoke does anything but stink the place up but no one has taken on the Health nuts about this, to date , as far as I know.
    Drinkers will be the next in the crosshairs- and fat people in the UK are now being put at the bottom of the elective surgury list for hip replacements no matter how desparately they need an operation.
    NannyState is winding back our freedoms inch by inch and bit by bit, at an ever increasing rate.."for our own good"..
    "You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common--they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." ~Doctor Who

The love the irony that vapers, a group of people who have (for the most part) given up smoking, seem to be more aware of the REAL risks of second hand smoke than both the general public - and it would appear - even our policy makers.

Secretly I think the policy makers DO know, but there is simply too much money and power at stake for anybody to sick their neck out withe hard scientific truth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast