Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By Davi
  • 4 Post By JenJ
  • 5 Post By Davi
  • 2 Post By frontier6770

Thread: E-Cigarette Summit 13/11/2014 - All the big names will be there

AVF Regular

E-Cigarette Summit 13/11/2014 - All the big names will be there

EDIT: Here is the link to the videos of the conference....

http://vaping.com/ecigsummit2014

Speakers include

Prof. Ann McNeill (Chair Person) – Professor of Tobacco Addiction (UKCTAS)
    Prof. Robert West – Professor of Health Psychology and Director of Tobacco Studies (CRUK)
    Rosanna O’Connor – Director – Public Health England
    Shahriar Coupal – Director – Advertising Standards Authority
    Ian Gray (MBE) – Principal Policy Officer, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
    Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos – Researcher, Onassis Caridac Surgery Centre, Greece
    Prof. Ricardo Polosa – Director of the Institute for Internal Medicine and Clinical Immunology, University of Catania
    Prof. David Sweanor – Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa
    Prof Linda Bauld – Professor of Health Policy, University of Stirling and UKCTAS
    Clive Bates – Public Health Commentator and former Executive Director ASH
    Prof Jean Francois-Etter – Professor of Public Health, University of Geneva
    Deborah Arnott – Chief Executive Officer, Action on Smoking (ASH)
    Louise Ross – Stop Smoking Services & Tobacco Control Manager, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
    Hazel Cheeseman, Action on Smoking and Health
    Dr Jacques Le Houezec, Founder Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco
    Professor Peter Hajek, Professor of Clinical Psychology Queen Mary University of London

Home » E-Cigarette Summit 2014
    Last edited by Davi; 21-11-14 at 10:30 AM.
    sc_rufctr and frontier6770 like this.

AVF Regular
    This is gonna be so interesting. There's a couple of my future husband's on that list.

I'm very curious about what will come out of this, if anything? Watch how it will hardly be mentioned in the Aust press.
    Last edited by JenJ; 02-11-14 at 07:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    sc_rufctr, Convert, Davi and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    A summary of the key points at this summit.

"Louise Ross, NHS Stop Smoking Service

Stop smoking success rates increased 20% when e-cigarettes were introduced into the process. Tweet this quote!

Clive Bates

Too much regulation will take perfectly good products off the market. Tweet this quote!

The tobacco products directive is a wretched piece of legislation, full of rubbish. Tweet this quote!

Public Health England

We can’t ban e-cigs on the basis they look like cigarettes. Tweet this quote!

Sending people outside to vape could actually increase children’s exposure to vaping. Tweet this quote!

Scale of harm with e-cigs is much, much smaller, including 2nd hand exposure. Tweet this quote!

Dr Farsalinos Konstantinos

The most important toxins in cigarette smoke are missing – those that remain are orders of magnitude lower.

Risk reduction of ecigs is at least 95%, and probably 99%. Tweet this quote!

Professor Hajek

No serious adverse effects with e-cigs have been found in any study. Tweet this quote!

Saying e-cigs are 95% safer is not a medical claim, it is a truth. Tweet this quote!

Professor Bauld

E-cig gateway theories are just that – theories. Tweet this quote!

Professor West

At a very conservative estimate, ecigs have saved at least 10,000 lives. Tweet this quote!"

Click on the link for a details report.

Return of the Titans: Ecig Summit 2

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    i posted some of there articles on facebook to counter quit vics bs yesterday
    Convert and Davi like this.

AVF Regular
    The videos of the conference are up. 18 videos in total including three panel discussions. Haven't watched them yet but the likes of West, Hajek, Farsalinos, Etter, Bates, Polosa and Ross are all there.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi View Post
    The videos of the conference are up. 18 videos in total including three panel discussions. Haven't watched them yet but the likes of West, Hajek, Farsalinos, Etter, Bates, Polosa and Ross are all there.

I'd like to keep this one active, I've watched some of the video's, there are some excellent presentations some may be long winded, but in general very informative.

Here's one from Clive Bates. http://vaping.com/ecigsummit2014/clive-bates

AVF Regular
    I watched a couple, interesting and yes a bit long winded, old school uni lecture style. The depth of interest is fine, I just don't really care much beyond my right, and that of others, to choose to vape.

AVF Regular
    Pharmacist acknowledging the benefits of ecigs after attending this conference.

The tide is turning in favour of e-cigarettes | Correspondence | Pharmaceutical Journal

AVF Regular
    Gawd I must be long winded because I didn't think they were long winded just full of vital information. I loved the way Farsalinos told off the American heart foundation bloke.