Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Research finds absence of toxins in e-cigarette vapour.

Retired Account

Research finds absence of toxins in e-cigarette vapour.

Yet another study shows absence of e-cigarette toxins - American Council on Science and Health (ACSH)

More positive research

I really do feel the tide is slowly changing
    mrsgruffy and Browny like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    "These results held for e-cig liquids and vapors with or without flavors or nicotine, and were about 6,000-fold less-potent than the studies on combustible cigarette smoke."

wow that's a beauty mrsgruffy

AVF Regular
    And there you go, Dr Gill Ross is now ON my xmas card list.
    mrsgruffy and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Good find, I saw another one by a different author but with the same affiliations. It seems there are two studies floating around published on mdpi by Lorillard Tobacco Company.

Not saying they are any less valid or truthful, just that we need to be mindful if sending or promoting to ANTZ or Government. Both studies have openly declared affiliations with Lorillard Tobacco Company.

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Comparative In Vitro Toxicity Profile of Electronic and Tobacco Cigarettes, Smokeless Tobacco and Nicotine Replacement Therapy Products: E-Liquids, Extracts and Collected Aerosols

Conflicts of Interest
    The authors are Lorillard Tobacco Company employees and declare no conflict of interest with respect to the research, authorship, and/or publication of this article.

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Comparison of Select Analytes in Exhaled Aerosol from E-Cigarettes with Exhaled Smoke from a Conventional Cigarette and Exhaled Breaths

Conflicts of Interest
    The author is employed by Lorillard, a manufacturer of conventional cigarettes and the parent company of the manufacturer of the e-cigarette products used in this study.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Even though this study and research has been done and is available for all to see, it still wont be enough for the anti vaping brigade who always claim the absence of informed and peer reviewed safety information. Another study to be swept under the carpet and ignored as irrelevant, me thinks.
    gtadmin, Fatman and Browny like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Even though this study and research has been done and is available for all to see, it still wont be enough for the anti vaping brigade who always claim the absence of informed and peer reviewed safety information. Another study to be swept under the carpet and ignored as irrelevant, me thinks.
    And this is the sad truth behind it .... Science these days is not pure , as 99.99% of it is commissioned to give a pre-determined outcome by interested parties ... it will always be the interpretation of the results that are skewed one way or the other ... We need Pure Scientists to step up and state FACTUALLY without commissioned bias their findings .... but the world doesnt work that way
    Robray, mathsguy, Browny and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    And this is the sad truth behind it .... Science these days is not pure , as 99.99% of it is commissioned to give a pre-determined outcome by interested parties ... it will always be the interpretation of the results that are skewed one way or the other ... We need Pure Scientists to step up and state FACTUALLY without commissioned bias their findings .... but the world doesnt work that way
    How scientific? as you mentioned studies can be manipulated to give the desired result. As far as I know this guy has no axe to grind and certainly doesn't appear to prostitute himself to any organization or company. I have never seen any government even consider his work. Konstantinos Farsalinos

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Characteristics, Perceived Side Effects and Benefits of Electronic Cigarette Use: A Worldwide Survey of More than 19,000 Consumers
    Fatman, mrsgruffy and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    How scientific? as you mentioned studies can be manipulated to give the desired result. As far as I know this guy has no axe to grind and certainly doesn't appear to prostitute himself to any organization or company. I have never seen any government even consider his work. Konstantinos Farsalinos

IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Characteristics, Perceived Side Effects and Benefits of Electronic Cigarette Use: A Worldwide Survey of More than 19,000 Consumers
    Isn't he a vaper Rob?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    Isn't he a vaper Rob?

Good question but I have no idea. If he is, its not difficult to see where his passion comes from!! Off to Google to try and find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast