Like Tree34Likes
  • 13 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 11 Post By FOCharlie
  • 3 Post By sassy
  • 7 Post By oldgamer

Thread: Daily useage of ecigs for 1 month or more strongly connected with quitting smoking

Retired Account

Daily useage of ecigs for 1 month or more strongly connected with quitting smoking

Just further to this, I thought I'd share something that happened yesterday:

I submitted to a Spirometry test at the local clinic, for those that don't know it's a test that determines lung function and capacity.

I was a smoker for 25 years on and off (mostly on) up until 18 months ago when I discovered Vaping. I'm a 45yr old male just for comparison's sake, and still Vape about 2ml p/day.

While I was doing the test the nurse mentioned "geez you've got good lungs"! I was a little surprised but not as surprised as when I was talking with the Doc about the results. His words: "Geez you're way above average, if you lost a bit of weight and hadn't smoked for 25 yrs then you'd be in the elite athlete category"!!!

According to the printout I have the lungs of a 29 yr old.

WTF, I missed that boat in my younger years didn't I..?! I could've been a friggin champion!

Just a little story for you all and my bit of motivation for those that are concerned at all.

Cheers,

Charlie

AVF Regular
    Coincidentally, I had the exact same test done today!

lung capacity 6.1 litres, full discharge in 1.4s I think it was. 20%+ better than average for my category (43 male).

Vaping 5-10ml/day since April this year.
    Yasmin, btobw and sc_rufctr like this.

AVF Regular
    Very interesting. I work in a medical centre and I've watched people vape on YouTube etc. they appear to have great lung capacity. I myself have smoked for 30 yrs and still am until my juice arrives and my lung capacity sucks. I think I will do a spirometry test now and keep checking every month after I get my juice to see the difference. I'll keep you posted of the results if you like.
    mrsgruffy, MrGruffy, btobw and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    FOCharlie did you tell the Dr and nurse you were a vaper?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgamer View Post
    Very interesting. I work in a medical centre and I've watched people vape on YouTube etc. they appear to have great lung capacity. I myself have smoked for 30 yrs and still am until my juice arrives and my lung capacity sucks. I think I will do a spirometry test now and keep checking every month after I get my juice to see the difference. I'll keep you posted of the results if you like.
    I would be very interested to see the change over time

Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    FOCharlie did you tell the Dr and nurse you were a vaper?
    I didn't tell the nurse for some reason but did mention it to the Doc, his reply was very 'matter of fact'.. "oh yes" and didn't even question me any further on it?

I'm not a quitter. I just stopped smoking.
    01101001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110110 01100001 01110000 01101001 01101110 01100111