Like Tree22Likes
  • 10 Post By Davi
  • 3 Post By BlackDog
  • 8 Post By MadMeathead
  • 1 Post By hugeonreddit

Thread: A Canadian Noob's excellent blog....

AVF Regular

A Canadian Noob's excellent blog....

"When is an electronic device considered tobacco? When it threatens a 7 billion dollar plus subsidy paid to General Revenues funded on the backs of tobacco addicts......................"

Meatheads Madness: When is an electronic device considered tobacco? When it threatens a 7 billion dollar plus subsidy paid to General Revenues funded on the backs of tobacco addicts.
    Robray, spawn_8, JenJ and 7 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Very well written letter. I fear it will fall on deaf ears though; if Govts were susceptible to logic and hard facts, this issue wouldn't be an issue

Hopefully enough reasonable human beings will read it and be forced to challenge their "this bloke at the pub told me..." viewpoints.
    Robray, Altered1 and Davi like this.

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

Thanks for sharing David. In my opinion, it amazes me just how little power we have in changing the law, only the judge or a lobby group can do that. I see it in the ads all the time, smoking kills, call the quit helpline. Quit helpline says here buy a bunch of gum and patches that will put more money in the gov't pocket that has a 10% success rate and the vicious circle continues.

Quote. that has a 10% success rate
    More like 3% to 4% success rate
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Hello folks,

Thanks for reading and sharing the letter. It was originally sent to the Canadian Prime Minister, Health Minister, Provincial Premiers and Health Ministers, and of course a whack of press.

I get that it can feel disheartening when battling a politician, but as they say, this isn't exactly my first rodeo (although my previous rodeo didn't involve the Fed's the principles are all the same). The key is to keep pounding until the press grabs it. The only thing a politician fears more than a loss of life.... is a reporter

Again, thanks for reading and sharing. Here's to your fight, my fight, the UK fight. All the fights.

Thomas Kirsop
    MadMeathead
    @MadMeathead
    Meatheads Madness
    JenJ, Olfella, DEATHGUYJ and 5 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMeathead View Post
    Hello folks,

Thanks for reading and sharing the letter. It was originally sent to the Canadian Prime Minister, Health Minister, Provincial Premiers and Health Ministers, and of course a whack of press.

I get that it can feel disheartening when battling a politician, but as they say, this isn't exactly my first rodeo (although my previous rodeo didn't involve the Fed's the principles are all the same). The key is to keep pounding until the press grabs it. The only thing a politician fears more than a loss of life.... is a reporter

Again, thanks for reading and sharing. Here's to your fight, my fight, the UK fight. All the fights.

Thomas Kirsop
    MadMeathead
    @MadMeathead
    Meatheads Madness
    Hey Thomas, welcome to the forum

You might like to post an intro message in this thread too: NEW MEMBERS: Introduce yourself here!!!

Always plenty of lively political discussion going on here

I'm not fat, I just ate somebody who was.

Gotcha boss... and... done

AVF Regular
    Hey MM, loved your open letter so much I shared it with the great Clive Bates on twitter. Hopefully he'll give it a read.
    MadMeathead likes this.

I saw that. Thank you very much!

AVF Regular
    Very interesting reading, thank you for that.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.