Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Pleski
  • 1 Post By Davi
  • 2 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By Davi
  • 2 Post By JenJ

Thread: K Farsalinos' scathing critique of UCSF's Dr Stan Glantz's unethical behaviour

AVF Regular

K Farsalinos' scathing critique of UCSF's Dr Stan Glantz's unethical behaviour

Really this had to be said. The slur campaign has been unrelenting. Time for pressure to fall on Stan Glantz to produce his own conflict of interest records. I expect heavy references to the Johnson & Johnson Foundation and Pfizer:

Personal attacks, questionable ethics and support for censorship when the results do not fit to the agenda (?): a sad story of scientific misconduct
    davee, btobw and Davi like this.

AVF Regular
    I was just reading this. If you go to Glantz' blog that Farsalinos refers to and scroll down, you will see our favourite WA Public Health official chimes in.

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/surprise-lo...pose-no-hazard
    Pleski likes this.

AVF Regular
    yeah, pretty sure my comment there wont get published
    amount saved by not smoking: $lots
    amount spent on vaping: $not enough

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vengaman View Post
    yeah, pretty sure my comment there wont get published
    LOL. Given the amount of people who loathe Glantz, that there is only one published comment on that blog page is pretty telling.

Stan doesn't permit opinions that challenge his world view, or that of his masters.

Retired Account
    Daube is in it up to his eyeballs in conflicts of interest too: Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Damn it.. link leads to subscription request. To read the article in the Australian, google Mike Daube conflict of interest.
    Last edited by mrsgruffy; 13-11-14 at 02:00 PM.
    Pleski and Davi like this.

I have left a comment for our Mike bet ya it will not be published
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    If you want to say something to Mikey, he is the president of ACOSH. They have a webpage and a facebook. Facebook let's you comment.

https://www.facebook.com/TobaccoFreeAustralia
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular

Mike Daube Corruption Case

Mike Daube has indeed been a very naughty boy, channeling taxpayer money through Healthway to fund his own lobby groups:

Ugh. Stupid paywall. It's the first link on:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...e+%242m+grants
    Last edited by Pleski; 13-11-14 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Got a paywall on the link

Yeah I managed to mention Healthways as being the tip of the iceberg as far as conflict of interest for some "Health and Cancer" organisations.
    Even gave the buzzard this link and advised them that the wheel is no longer turning their way
    Anti-smoking experts paid by Big Pharma | Frank Davis

Not surprising that it did not make it.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Just pasting my comment here so I have a copy of it in case it doesn't get published.

"Indeed, designing experiments and reporting results in a way that minimizes or obscures toxic effects is a common tobacco industry trick"

From my reading designing experiments and reporting results in a way that maximises toxic effects is a common tobacco control industry trick to obscure the public health benefits of vaping as a harm minimisation strategy for smokers.

One is left wondering what possible motives these non-smokers and anti-smokers could have for such lies? Certainly empathy for smokers and respect for the individual's right to choose what he puts into his body are not among them.

We, as people who choose to vape instead of smoke, are made to feel guilty and responsible for any and all imagined horrors to be inflicted on innocent children at some unidentified point in an imaginary future.

And as for conflicts of interest, the pharmaceutical industry who profit from smoker's fear and guilt with their ineffective NRT products, have their fingers in every pie imaginable...including the tobacco control industry. Often very cleverly concealed.

Not to mention previous commentor, Mr Daube, and his less than savoury dealings, funnelling two million dollars of tax payers money into his own pet projects.

Bias always goes both ways, there are quite a few pots calling kettles black on this page.
    Robray and Vaporific like this.