Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Al Jazeera Newhour (on now) e cig

Super Moderator

Al Jazeera Newhour (on now) e cig

Hi All

If you awake turn on abc 24 for Al Jazeera Newhour (on now) e cig its on now

Super Moderator
    Ok so nothing great there but nothing bad , so atleast the media (well some) are starting to be objective?

Nice to see no bagging though

I tired to find a link but alas could not but I did find this for anyone interested http://america.aljazeera.com/topics/...igarettes.html
    Last edited by Rhojin; 15-11-14 at 02:57 AM.

AVF Regular
    Rhojin and Pipesub like this.

Super Moderator
    who writes stuff like this??? "people with mental health conditions have unique neurobiological features that may increase their tendency to use nicotine." .... hmmmm sorry I found it amusing

the reason being that nicotine stimulates the same receptors as caffine.... so do "normal" ppl who are addicted to caffine have "unique neurobiological features" aswell? if so then it cant be that unique, or maybe it is all of us that are normal and the 1% whom write studies have messed up neurobiological traits??? ... oh looky a white rabbit with a watch lol

sorry its late and i am just being silly, no disrespect to anyone

hope everyone one is well and happy

AVF Regular
    I like nicotine and caffeine, along with millions of other people.
    There's nothing unique about that.
    Rhojin likes this.

Super Moderator
    like I said we must all be norms and the ppl writing the "studies" must be "unique" hehehehe

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    To be honest, this is not as whacky as it sounds. Its been accepted for many years that people with some kind of mental issues, in effect self medicate with Nicotine via tobacco to alleviate the symptoms. It’s a stretch to say that only people with these issues use Vaporizers, but I can see some merit with their reasoning!!

Tobacco addiction among persons with serious mental illness (SMI) has been largely ignored. About 75 to 85% of persons with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other SMI use tobacco; most will either die and/or have reduced quality of life because of tobacco-caused medical diseases. Tobacco addiction is the most common co-occurring disorder for the SMI
    Serious Mental Illness and Tobacco Addiction: A Model Progra... : The American Journal of the Medical Sciences

Its reassuring to see that Vaporizers can play their part and that research is now being conducted.

For its capacity to deliver nicotine and provide a coping mechanism for conditioned smoking cues by replacing some of the rituals associated with smoking gestures, electronic-cigarettes may reduce nicotine withdrawal symptoms without serious side effects. Our recent work with ECs in healthy smokers not intending to quit consistently show surprisingly high success rates. We hypothesised that these positive findings could be replicated in difficult patients with schizophrenia This tool may help smokers with schizophrenia remain abstinent during their quitting attempts or to reduce cigarette consumption. Efficacy and safety of these devices in long-term smoking cessation and/or smoking reduction studies have never been investigated for this special population.
    IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Impact of an Electronic Cigarette on Smoking Reduction and Cessation in Schizophrenic Smokers: A Prospective 12-Month Pilot Study | HTML
    JenJ, Rhojin, Altered1 and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Was going to chime in, but Robray covered it.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I have mental health issues and i definitely self medicate with nicotine. I once gave up the cigs for about 18 months and made a conscious choice to go back to smoking for my mental state even though i didnt want to for my physical health. My brain, without its response to nic , is not a very happy place. Yes i am also on prescription meds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast