Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Davi
  • 2 Post By Robray

Thread: The Nicotine Fix - Cigarette History - A new strategy to quit once and for all?

AVF Regular

The Nicotine Fix - Cigarette History - A new strategy to quit once and for all?

I really enjoyed reading this.

"America’s cigarette addiction may seem to be mostly over. But low-income Americans continue to smoke—and die—at alarming rates. A radical new strategy could help them quit once and for all."

The Nicotine Fix - The Atlantic
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Thanks for the share. I agree a good read. This got my attention. I hope Chimpman doesn't read this.

Smoking prohibition in itself is not a new idea. In the early 1600s, when Ottoman subjects were beginning to take up tobacco smoking, Sultan Murad IV adopted the most draconian tobacco-control policy of all time: He declared smoking punishable by death. He is reported to have enforced his policy by having smokers “drawn and quartered by four strong horses”—thus providing the first definitive proof that smoking is bad for your health. Because the draconian policy did not stop his citizens from smoking, however, he also offered the first incontrovertible evidence for the seductiveness of nicotine.
    Davi and Northerner like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof