Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By JatoOspry
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 1 Post By sassy

Thread: E-cigarettes significantly reduce tobacco cravings

Supreme Overlord of these Realms

E-cigarettes significantly reduce tobacco cravings

Good morning, I hope no one else has posted this but I came across it in my travels this morning:

E-cigarettes significantly reduce tobacco cravings

Some relevant quoting:

The participants were divided into three groups: two e-cig groups, which were allowed to vape and smoke tobacco cigarettes for the first two months of the study, and a control group that only had access to tobacco. In a second phase of the study, the control group was given e-cigs and all participants were monitored for a period of six months via a web tool, where they regularly logged their vaping and smoking habits.

In the lab, the e-cigs proved to be just as effective in suppressing the craving for a smoke as tobacco cigarettes were, while the amount of exhaled carbon monoxide remained at baseline levels. In the long-term analysis, results showed that the smokers were more likely to trade in their tobacco cigarettes for e-cigs and taper off their tobacco use.

At the end of the 8-month study, 21% of all participants had stopped smoking tobacco entirely (verified via a CO test), whereas an additional 23% reported cutting the number of tobacco cigarettes they smoked per day by half.

Across all three groups, the number of tobacco cigarettes smoked per day decreased by 60%.
    All I have time to post this morning! Hope its decent.
    JWH, tugboatofdeath and kay67kay like this.

AVF Regular
    Morning!

That's some good numbers there Jato.
    JWH likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    What the devil?? This is inconceivable!

The public health bureaucrats tell us isn't so and they must know what their talking about. They wouldn't just go spouting complete rubbish!

Clearly I have simply forgotten to smoke any cigarettes for the last 200 something days, and also forgotten to miss them. Probably vaping just gives you a bad memory. That's it.
    JenJ likes this.