Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Qld to restrict sale of e-cigarettes

Qld to restrict sale of e-cigarettes

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/25624070...-e-cigarettes/

AVF Regular
    well, that sux. pretty much the same restrictions as smokes. still better than here in wa, tho.

Super Moderator
    Its a double edged sword IMO ... while OK it puts vaping in the outer with smoking , it ALSO means that QLD is the first state to actually LEGITIMISE vaping in law... that's a forward concrete step ( albeit a small one ) . We might think its incorrect , but in establishing a legal framework and including e-cigs , within it , it also entrenches vaping gear as legal to own and use AND sell I would think

* Just my interpretation ... I have been wrong before
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    We will need to see the full paper on this amendment ,as we all know journalists dont report actual facts.
    Plus im sick to the back teeth of ,self serving beaurocrats ,having their snouts in MY pocket,getting free lunches,gold travel passes ,hefty pensions & obscene superanuation entitlements .
    OH ,forgot about, sex on office desks,penises in wine glasses,pants around ankles,and acting like pre schoolers slagging at each other and generally being morons during work hrs under the guise of parlimentary privilege.
    Rant over.
    mrsgruffy, Olfella, disley and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    it would make sense if nic liquid could be legally bought, but it can't.

This line

""Many of the people who are in our hospitals ... they are there because of the consequences of smoking illness and disease."

..just blows me away and perfectly illustrates the level of ignorance.

AVF Regular
    Ive given up on giving a shi. They can all go fk themselves. **** the government. **** the tax man. **** the world. **** you all. **** you motherfuckers.
    sperex, Stomp, Skoville and 1 others like this.

You're being a bit soft there arth. Most on that list don't even deserve a ****

State parliament voted on Wednesday to prohibit the sale and supply of electronic cigarettes to children and restrict their advertising and display at retail outlets from January 1.
    I actually have no problem with that.
    I dont want non smoking and non vaping kids to take up either habit.
    Daemolitia, Northerner and Slortz like this.

AVF Regular
    There's no evidence that kids are taking up vaping and there's certainly no evidence that non smokers take it up. The ban is either a pointless, grandiose gesture or the thin edge of the wedge . Or a way that Qld Health can prosecute sellers who accidentally sell to a minor.
    Slortz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    it would make sense if nic liquid could be legally bought, but it can't.

This line

""Many of the people who are in our hospitals ... they are there because of the consequences of smoking illness and disease."

..just blows me away and perfectly illustrates the level of ignorance.
    The article does actually go on to say that ecigs don't contain tobacco or produce smoke. It contradicts Mr Sprinborg's statement. Perhaps the author believed it necessary to highlight that fact.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast