Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Stop vaping right now! - contains 10 times more carcinogens that real cigs

AVF Regular

Stop vaping right now! - contains 10 times more carcinogens that real cigs

The games up folks, better go back to the smokes this Japanese study seems to indicate its safer to smoke. Not surprising results from a country with the highest smoking rates.

AVF Regular
    Their justification seems to be heating the wire. I wonder what temperature they subjected it to. Probably outside the realms of what a vaper could do with a gen 1 device?

Science with a preconceived outcome is very easy to achieve. Just ask someone like me what happens to meat when I let it burn on the BBQ or in the frypan. Test that and I'm sure you will have lots of carcinogens both in the air and in our food.

AVF Regular
    read up to the point about dual use... rolled eyes, closed tab. i dont have time for this pharma in-pocket scare mongering bullshit today.

cheers though

how can any study compare vapor from a coil to combustible tobacco and claim an outcome in favor of the tobacco with a straight face

picardfacepalm.jpg

AVF Regular
    sounds like they left 100ml of juice on the tepenyaki plate burning for an hour to get these results.
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    They were vaping Dr. Wongs Famous Smoked Fish Sauce. I just know it...
    tugboatofdeath and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    They were vaping Dr. Wongs Famous Smoked Fish Sauce. I just know it...
    That's why I like sushi.....

AVF Regular
    not even Chapman is stupid enough to believe this

Retired Account
    Full text from the Japanese study, just in case it hasn't already been mentioned: IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Carbonyl Compounds Generated from Electronic Cigarettes
    tugboatofdeath and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    The article is being copied and pasted all over the place since it was first published (somewhere in Korea initially from what I can see) Daily Mail, 9 News and an array of non legit blogger style news sites (which speaks volumes about the Daily Mail & 9news).
    In actual fact, the headline is inconsistent with the conclusions of the study:

quoted - 5. Conclusions

"Studies have shown that e-cigarettes emit toxic carbonyl compounds, generated from thermal decomposition. These substances can have adverse health effects; however, in most cases, the levels are lower than those in tobacco cigarette smoke. It is important to expand the research in this field, to better understand the source of carbonyls emitted from e-cigarettes and find ways to reduce them."

It's tiring to see articles like this all the time along with misleading rubbish being published on non-news sites which get copied word into wider reaching outlets.
    Last edited by hugeonreddit; 27-11-14 at 11:46 PM.
    mrsgruffy, Vaporific and CCVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Chapman posted the study on twitter this morning but didn't post the 10 times carcinogens rubbish. I immediately looked at the study and noted that the majority of ecigs tested registered n.d. for toxicants, and some were miniscule figures.

They're talking about acetaldehydes (ie burnt sugar) which are found in everything, including coffee. And then the old formaldehyde idiocy. Such a stupid beatup.

Anyone who runs with that story is going to look like an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast