Mad

Zealot at the SMH

The following article may be of some interest:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/weedi...215-1ow5g.html

A lot of the comments seem pro-smoker or at least sympathetic to smokers. Perhaps the haters have gone too far again?

CCC
    Interesting... when i worked in retail i never ducked off for a smoke, i had to wait for lunch breaks like everyone else.

AVF Regular
    I'm a chef by trade and we are always on smoke breaks.....thats why it takes so long to get your meal...(chef to waitress)"another customer..... oh..... all right hang on while i finish this smoke and may be another one"......lol.......no we never took breaks while doing service, bad form, and hygiene and all that................smokers aren't shirkers....least I wasn't and am not now.......although i'm not a "smoker" any more....I'm a "vaper"

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    Hi mad, glad you're back with us.

Michael Pascoe comes over like a self righteous little darling does he not-agree that the comments were way more tolerant than the usual hate filled rants that we have come to expect whenever smokers are mentioned,

Still a bit of the Us and Them overtone, which always infuriates me-(God i'd hate to work with people who think like that!)

Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Hi mad, glad you're back with us.

Michael Pascoe comes over like a self righteous little darling does he not-agree that the comments were way more tolerant than the usual hate filled rants that we have come to expect whenever smokers are mentioned,

Still a bit of the Us and Them overtone, which always infuriates me-(God i'd hate to work with people who think like that!)
    G'day Girt,

Funny thing is some of these fools say they would never employ a smoker. My experience has been that smokers are usually the best workers, and a good boss never has a problem with a good worker - smoker or not.

I however, would never employ a zealot.

AVF Regular
    "I however, would never employ a zealot."

hahaha me neither,
    The best jokes, the most fun, the nicest people, are usually found around the ashtray.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PHUCKDUP2 View Post
    I'm a chef by trade and we are always on smoke breaks.....
    My ex-husband is a chef in the states. One very busy holiday season he actually took up smoking so he could get a smoke break. The only people who got breaks during busy times were the smokers.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/