Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: ? Claims that banks are refusing transactions at Vape Shops in USA

AVF Regular

? Claims that banks are refusing transactions at Vape Shops in USA

Don't know how accurate this is but it was posted to CASAA's FB page.

"PLEASE SPREAD THIS AROUND...REALLY QUICKLY... AND READ CAREFULLY, DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT HERE AND WE NEED TO WORK QUICKLY:

MY VAPE SHOP BANK BRU VAPORS USES A CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY IN STORE. IT'S FIRST DATA. WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY IS NOT ABOUT THEM. THIS MESSAGE IS DIRECTLY ABOUT THE CARD ISSUER, FOR EXAMPLE A CREDIT UNION BANK OR ANY CREDIT CARD COMPANY...

FIRST NIAGARA BANK AND POLICE AND FIRE CREDIT UNION HAVE DECIDED AS OF LITERALLY LAST WEEK THAT THEY WILL NO LONGER ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM E-CIGARETTE STORES.

NOT ONLINE, DIRECTLY IN STORE, CARD IN HAND, IN PERSON, SWIPED IN A MACHINE PROVIDED BY FIRST DATA, IN THE LOWEST RISK SCENARIO POSSIBLE. THIS IS NOT A FRAUD ISSUE.

UPON CONTACTING THEM, THEIR DIRECT ARGUMENT IS THAT THEY DO NOT SUPPORT THIS PRODUCT AND WILL NOT ALLOW THEIR DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS TO BE USED FOR THEIR PURCHASE.

THE MESSAGE THE MACHINE GIVES IS: PAYMENT DECLINED THIS CARD CAN NOT BE USED WITH THIS TYPE OF VENDOR.

THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF BANKS BEING ABLE TO DECIDE WHAT A CONSUMER CAN SPEND THEIR MONEY ON. WE NEED TO ADDRESS THIS.

THE SAME CARD FROM BANK OF NIAGARA PAID FOR A NIGHT AT THE STRIP CLUB, AND BOUGHT A BLU E-CIG AT WAL-MART ALL IN THE SAME DAY. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED THIS WEEK. CHANGES ARE ROLLING IN AND ITS TIME FOR US TO TAKE A STAND ON THIS FRONT.

This is STRANGER DANGER... start screaming and running... don't just comment... spread it, we have the power of the share button!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/casaamembers/

Yeah I just read that. Wonder if it's true?.
    Let us toast to animal pleasures, to escapism, to rain on the roof and instant coffee, to unemployment insurance and library cards, to absinthe and good-hearted landlords, to music and warm bodies and contraceptives… and to the “good life”, whatever it is and wherever it happens to be.” - HST

AVF Regular
    If it is, I'd be on the phone to the bank, first asking them who gave very them the right to decide where I spent my money, and second, do they value my custom enough to keep me. There are plenty of companies out there. Vote with your feet
    D1git, Fatman and steve.c like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    I wonder how many people with those cards bought an item to try it out?
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    If the bank does that with me I'll simply close all my (5) accounts with them and move......banks are lining up to steal each others customers.
    D1git, Fatman and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    A bank with a conscience....I call Bullshit!! Banks are money making corporations, they won't be concerning themselves with vapers.

AVF Regular
    this posted on Fb just the usual FB spamming crap.....

sprised it dident say if you dont post this to 5 people in the next 10 min then your bank will do it too

AVF Regular
    Would it even be technically possible to set something like that up without disclosures of customer data where it shouldn't be disclosed? The vendors personal details (including the nature of their business) should not be being disclosed to the customer's card issuer - the vendor does not have an account with the card issuer, only with the payment processing company.

I wouldn't believe this story unless it was confirmed in the terms and conditions or other official document from the card issuers in question. This story has been cropping up all over the internet since January - all in different US states, with different banks, always all in caps, and never with any official responses from the card issuers, or links to their terms and conditions, or anything really solid like that. Something just doesn't smell right about it. It smells like a combo of rumour mill pot stirring, and technical glitches in transaction processing.

Now, on the other hand - processing companies refusing to allow vaping stores to open accounts with them? Now that I'd believe. Afaik that's been going on for years - that's why most vape shops over there use the same few processors.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Don't paypal discriminate too, or was that a hoax, as well?

I'd be very surprised if it were true.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    It is common practise for banks to refuse payments from anyone they feel fit. The business is classed as hostile and each bank has BIN number, when you try and pay with that card, it auto refuses. They have no obligation to accept payment from anyone. I work in the online gaming industry and it is a simple as changing your payment method, which is what you do. There is ALWAYS a way around sending money to a merchant.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast