Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A precise legal opinion

Hello, I am new to this forum and am aware of the legal complications of possessing, retailing or distributing the nicotine based products in question.

I understand that it is very difficult to determine the exact legal position in Australia at this time.

I live in Victoria and there is an organisation called The Public Interest Law Clearing House. This organisation offers a free legal service (engaging barristers for expert legal opinions etc) especially when an issue of public interest arises.

Perhaps the administrator / s of this site could contact PILCH to seek assistance (an expert legal opinion) to determine the exact position of the law and recources available (if any). I'm not a lawyer but have para legal skills. It's my feeling that the current law /s may be in contravention of other Acts of parliament.

AVF Regular
    .............................................delet ed my original post due to the inflammatory nature of the content, perhaps intensified by the amount of alcohol consumed. Assumed ulterior motives that were perhaps unfounded
    Last edited by Mickg33; 15-12-11 at 08:43 PM.

Perhaps the entire removal of your post should be considered then.

News is there's going to be a Senate inquiry in relation to e-cigs. It would be handy to have legal opinion / s to include in any submissions. PILCH is a wonderful organisation and I am sure it would jump at the chance to consider these issues.

There is also VCOSS the administrators could consider contacting for support. VCOSS is known to advocate for the underprivileged by voicing its opinions to the media when the price / s of standard cigarettes increase. It would be a short-sighted approach to only include submissions that advance the 'healthy' argument for e-cigs. Issues such as the cost savings need to be put forth as well and how this would benefit a large segment of the underprivileged in our community.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    snipped.
    Hello and welcome! All good points you have made and interesting at that.

I am the administrator however I am not the one you are looking for, my contributition is doing the best I can to ensure that people in Australia have a clear community and support group for all things eCig related.

The man you are looking for is Soundasleep who I would imagine will be here shortly. He handles this sort of business.

To you again I say welcome.

Somebody put out the SaS signal?

hehehe. Saw this thread earlier in the day but I've been hella busy with work - Christmas and all. I've taken note and if I've got time I might make some phone calls tomorrow.

To be honest, I can't see much happening until next year. As it is I've working non-stop between now and Christmas Eve. On the subject of which, anybody in Melbourne SE or eastern suburbs, I'm going to be at Harvey Norman stores all week, so PM me and come and say hi ;p

AVF Regular
    Hello Sunsine and welcome,
    Thankyou for the information on free legal advice--interesting to know

http://www.pilch.org.au/

http://www.vcoss.org.au/

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the Links Margy
    Sunshine,sounds like something much needed- welcome
    ..any representation in Qld?

Hello gert. Most States have law clearing houses. Qlds is:

http://www.qpilch.org.au/

Gert, your latest thread about pollution has given me a thought. With the Federal Government pushing ahead with the carbon tax there is an opportunity to advance the environmental effects of smoking in our submissions. Does anybody know if there has ever been any Australian studies on the impact smoking has on the environment?
    Last edited by sunshine; 17-12-11 at 02:17 PM.

AVF Regular
    plenty done on emissions on vehicles/trucks. All vapers are effectively reducing carbon into the atmosphere aren't we?
    Thanks again for posting this thread Sunshine.

edit: margyb I re-read your post, understand now what you meant.
    Last edited by sunshine; 17-12-11 at 02:23 PM. Reason: edit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast