Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 2 Post By Davi
  • 1 Post By essiemessy
  • 1 Post By PHUCKDUP2
  • 2 Post By hugeonreddit
  • 2 Post By JenJ

Thread: Only big tobacco and big pharma want ecigs regulated..

Retired Account

Only big tobacco and big pharma want ecigs regulated..

Only Big Tobacco and Big Pharma want e-cig regulation | Daily Maverick

AVF Regular
    Thanks for posting Mrs G. I love his closing.......

"There is substantial and growing evidence that they do help smokers quit.

Yet makers of e-cigarettes are not allowed to advertise them for their greatest feature. Well I sure can, and I do. E-cigarettes are amazing. They make it easy to quit smoking. Tell your friends. Tell everyone. And if the law says you canít buy them without a prescription, smuggle the things. The law is an ass.

Now would someone please come and arrest me for whatever laws I broke to quit smoking? DM"
    Vaporific and oldgamer like this.

AVF Regular
    That's a great article. One of the best I've read in ages. I'm going to share it on FB if that's ok, MrsG.
    mrsgruffy likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    "Conversely, many people buy e-cigarettes because there is no medical stigma to them, and they look cool, clean and modern. They are completely odourless and practically harmless to bystanders. They taste good, and there is evidence that they work.

That evidence can be quite dramatic. Belgian researchers tested the devices on smokers with no intention to quit, and found that 21% of them had quit, and another 23% had halved their tobacco use. By comparison, only 3% to 5% of smokers who do want to quit succeed by willpower alone. Another study found that a particular e-cigarette significantly reduced the desire to smoke, but was more pleasant to use than a conventional nicotine replacement therapy. A survey of thousands of e-cigarette users found that almost all used them to quit smoking, and four out of five ex-smokers feared relapsing if they stopped using their e-cigarettes. A US survey had even more impressive results, finding that 31% of e-cigarette users had quit smoking six months later, and a third of those weren’t using the e-cigarette any more either. Several individual case histories confirm the effectiveness of e-cigarettes, even in smokers who were unable to quit using traditional nicotine replacement products and cessation counselling.

There are studies that are less dramatic, but even the most pessimistic study I could find found that e-cigarettes were modestly effective, and possibly more so than both nicotine patches and a placebo.

A South African study, available since 2009, found that 45% of smokers quit within eight weeks of starting to use e-cigarettes, and participating doctors were unanimous that they were both safe and effective. One called it “the most effective treatment method on the market for quitting tobacco smoking.”

That's the stuff right there^^^^^^^^^^^
    LimeB likes this.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    Could someone please send Pfizer a bottle of "Sour Grape" flavour on behalf of all the vapers of the world?
    Fatman and MrGruffy like this.

AVF Regular
    I have to admit that I'm all for regulation. I have no desire to destroy anybody's perfect setup. I just think some people have taken too many liberties and have added to the negative image of vapers/vaping. In saying that, the only regulations I want to see are concerning age restrictions and not vaping in eateries.
    I don't blow clouds. I might if they bought me dinner and made me feel appreciated every now and then...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemolitia View Post
    I have to admit that I'm all for regulation. I have no desire to destroy anybody's perfect setup. I just think some people have taken too many liberties and have added to the negative image of vapers/vaping. In saying that, the only regulations I want to see are concerning age restrictions and not vaping in eateries.
    Can you explain your reasoning for "age restrictions and not vaping in eateries"?

AVF Regular
    I'm not against a bit of regulation and quality assurance of a safe product.

Although I've long missed the civilised and social days when you could lean back in your chair after a great meal and enjoy an after dinner cigarette and good conversation. I admit I've fanatsised about vaping bringing back that pleasure, but alas no, those free and easy times are gone forever.
    Snidely_Whiplash and shanea1 like this.