Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By <---cop
  • 1 Post By Pleski

Thread: Tobacco Control Tactics

AVF Regular

Tobacco Control Tactics

A list of scientists critical of TC, particularly about "unproven" second hand smoke causing disease. A must read.

Critical Scientists - TobaccoControl Tactics

Have you considered one thread that you can talk to yourself in and post links?

I'm sure the mods won't mind. They allow you to hide here anyway.
    308hjute and BrianS like this.

AVF Regular
    Yep. I quite like that site. Lot's of interesting info. I first read about the dodgy Chappo fax there.

Slightly different note, I just saw an ad for 4 Corners this Saturday 20 December. They're doing eCigs. Wait for the fireworks on that one.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    Yep. I quite like that site. Lot's of interesting info. I first read about the dodgy Chappo fax there.

Slightly different note, I just saw an ad for 4 Corners this Saturday 20 December. They're doing eCigs. Wait for the fireworks on that one.
    Is it a new program? My daughter said she saw an ad but thought it was a repeat of the one on a month or so ago?
    Last edited by Davi; 16-12-14 at 10:13 PM. Reason: episode replaced with program derrr

AVF Regular
    A right, the 'Seduction of Smoking' ones. No I think this is just about ecigarettes. They'd surely have new material at least.
    Last edited by Pleski; 16-12-14 at 10:20 PM.
    Davi likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is interesting too on Second Hand smoke
    Smoking and Your Health | Dr Terry Simpson

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

I was also informed there is a 4 corners segment on the 24th December on E-Cigs.
    And the show was produced in September according to a Google search

Whatever they show, few things to consider on, that is the date the show was made,
    and
    how do they define a E-cig on their screening and how in reality is the E-Cig everyone else uses today, add the constant progress of newer types and quality well into 2015 and beyond.

If they define a typical E-Cig as one looking like a normal cigarette with with brown filter and white stem, then for me it's ancient history and not what I use.

So what is by popular acceptance by us a E-Cig as of the date of this post ?

Can 4 corners progress as rapidly as the users do here and and abroad when showing what the current E-Cig actually is ?

Is it what we buy now,
    or what the outdated 4 corners show will be presenting as the typical current E-Cig ?
    Cos if it's the old E-Cig, then it's misleading the uninformed.

It's like saying "what a wonderful invention the motor car is" and showing the world a Model T Ford in 2014 as the only normal everyday car out on the freeway that's available.
    Last edited by vapz; 19-12-14 at 12:55 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vapz View Post
    I was also informed there is a 4 corners segment on the 24th December on E-Cigs.
    And the show was produced in September according to a Google search

Whatever they show, few things to consider on, that is the date the show was made,
    and
    how do they define a E-cig on their screening and how in reality is the E-Cig everyone else uses today, add the constant progress of newer types and quality well into 2015 and beyond.

If they define a typical E-Cig as one looking like a normal cigarette with with brown filter and white stem, then for me it's ancient history and not what I use.
    In the 4 Corners episode in September, 'The seduction of smoking', they intimated that there would be a follow up on e-cigarettes which they touched on in that episode.

The little bit of e-cig coverage on that episode was very current, footage of people using mods, and up to date tank systems in a vape lounge in London I think. There were no signs of cigalikes. So I think your fears are unfounded.

Most media coverage you see now includes users of mods and larger tank systems...even mainstream media have moved on from cigalikes....finally!

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cool

Most media coverage you see now includes users of mods and larger tank systems...even mainstream media have moved on from cigalikes....finally!
    Thanks JenJ