Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By JDoe
  • 2 Post By Northerner
  • 1 Post By Humbleroller

Thread: What happened to this?

What happened to this?

Came across this article today:

Cigarette phase-out considered as trial tests if vapour safer

Whatever happened to this idea? Is the current government continuing funding?

Banning the sale of smokes in Australia could not make me happier.
    Vaporific and Humbleroller like this.

AVF Regular
    I have enquired to Dr Gartner who is conducting the study. I suspect though it is still in progress.

I will update this thread will her reply.
    Vaporific and Humbleroller like this.

AVF Regular
    Dr Gartner responded saying they are in the follow up phase at the moment and the results will be available in the second half of 2015.

Its a positive article.. but it does sound like it was written on a napkin while down at the pub.
    I would love to see smokes phased out. I dont want any of my nieces or nephews to ever be able to buy a pack.

I honestly think the government will embrace ecigs once they figure out how to get the most out of it.
    I also think we should never use the word ecig because vaping isnt smoking.
    crispy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I agree with humbleroller i think that the word e cig or e cigarette has made the polies ears prick up and also big tobacco it is a pity they were never marketed as a personell vaporiser ,i also agree that once the government work out how to bleed as much out of people who use these the sooner all the dust will settle.For my money i dont know why if it will save the health system millions and lead our nations youth in a better pathway rather than smoking tobacco why there is so much resistance apart from the revenue that would be lost is above me .I spoke to a fellow who has emphisima today he asked me wht i was using and i told him it was an electronic ciggarette

AVF Regular
    Wow... I dont understand how people can be so incredibly myopic about the world we live in...

Very simply. If you want to take away someone right to do something that only impacts themselves, you give up any personal right that you have as well. Case in point, well i dont know, how about i choose e-cigs. Letting the goverment take away cigarettes paves the way for them to take away e-cigs which then leads to bans on fatty food ect ect.

AVF Regular
    Yep. Hard to disassociate smoking with vaping when the word is just an e in front of cigarette.

AVF Regular
    Dont know what happened but here is the end . He also said to me that he wished something had been around 20 years ago it may have helped him stop before it became to late .I showed him how it worked and tried to explain what was inside the cartomiser after disecting one the other week for myself .He went on to say that it was a great idea and he hoped that others would stop smoking if they tried them.My brother in law also has the same disease he carries a bottle of oxygen with him all the time and has a setup inside his home as well where he wears a nose peice to supply oxygen ,he was a cronic smoker rollies and a pipe ,if he finished a rollie he would load up his pipe and puff on that so he was smoking almost all the time perhaps if he had known about these then he may have stopped as well.Now he chews those nicorette tablets constantly costs a fortune for my sister who is the wage earner ,now you can say i am wrong but every young person i see with a fag in there hand i am going to tell them to stop because once your hooked your hooked and its the devils work to try to stop .

AVF Regular
    Prohibition would lead to a black market ... yada, yada. Mind you, given the current taxes, cigarettes might be cheaper if they were banned.

Personally I don't support the idea of a nanny state.

Also, many people told me to stop smoking, or strongly suggested, or pressured, and not one of them made any difference.
    ---

AVF Regular
    LOL. It's written by Eamond Duff. End of story, if there ever was a story...