Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

more regulation pending in the US

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...companies.html

What on earth is going on there these days?
    How has the UK dodged all the nonsense I wonder-is it because of the Court decision some time back?

Obviously, money is running the show over there, just hope the oz govmnint doesn't notice..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Obviously, money is running the show over there, just hope the oz govmnint doesn't notice..

Me too Stoney. This looks bad-it would certainly put the smaller US vaper suppliers out of business,
    Oz seems more to go along with the UK regs fortunately. (Well so far anyhow,)

They let the FDA have too much power, the FDA ignore even court decisions and get away with it and the government seem to let it all happen..
    They really need to revamp their system

If you have a look at **** Puddlecoats article I linked to yesterday on "52 Day" you'll see the problem could get ALOT worse.

Basically the "evidence" the FDA wants for a reduced harm product would be almost impossible to gather. Even if you could get it, they can still veto the final decision.

It's looking like we will need to look at UK (and maybe NZ) for a positive example.

F$@kngi FDA!!!!

Super Moderator
    I still fail to see how e-juice is a tobacco product.. that seems to be the very very very thin hair they are splitting. Wonder if its because we exhale vapor and it looks like smoke? I'd liken our devices more to nicotine inhalers, im guessing if nic is the link, then these should be tobacco too?

Depends on how you look at it. If the juice contains nicotine, then chances are that nicotine originally came from a tobacco plant. The barely detectable carcinogens found by the FDA are basically left overs from the extraction process. This is why the same ones in roughly the same quantities can also be found in approved NRT. Yet Pharma is allowed to say their products don't cause cancer.

If you use a tobacco flavor, then is flavor could be a tobacco tincture.

Maybe they should extract the nicotine from the leaves of our native corkwood tree (Duboisia), then they cant use that arguement :P

Now there's an idea. I was forgetting that Aboriginals were some of the first nicotine users in the world and we had local flora with a good nicotine content. I wonder if it's grown by any Aboriginal communities for traditional usage?

Give nicotine juice production rights to aboriginal communities!

well it is grown for the big Pharma
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duboisia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast