Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Nicotine - All you need to know - Roly Gate

AVF Regular

Nicotine - All you need to know - Roly Gate

"Everything important about nicotine is here. There is a lot more, but it's all good - such as the long list of benefits for certain medical conditions. The full details of the biomechanisms that a nutrient employs are interesting but not pertinent to this list of topics, which concerns nicotine's public image and its distortion for commercial purposes.

What you think you know about nicotine is almost certainly wrong."

All You Need To Know About Nicotine

Some interesting points on addiction/dependence also.
    Kaoself, Roseclipt and Burdy like this.

I have always statedits more psychological than chemical. Stupid thing is. I still have it in my vape.

The irony is not lost on me
    Contributing to the moral decay of Australia since 1974

AVF Regular
    The facts will continue to be hidden, and the corporate media will gladly spread lies about nicotine.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

Beware of confirmation bias. It's important to drill through to the detail and understand it before taking anything as a "fact".
    Master Sergeant and Skoville like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    Beware of confirmation bias. It's important to drill through to the detail and understand it before taking anything as a "fact".
    Do you have any thoughts sperex? I'd be interested to know and I'd guess others are too considering you are an "older more experienced" vaper?
    Last edited by Davi; 01-01-15 at 08:56 PM. Reason: too, not two
    Burdy likes this.

The only real issue I have with the article is it's use of absolutes and how it doesn't cite the reference sources.

Take this for instance;
    Using several different delivery routes for nicotine at the same time, and deliberately causing an overdose, is harmless [11]
    With the reference point being;
    [11] Prof Hajek tells us that concomitant use (multi-use) of, for example, NRTs, ecigs and tobacco are harmless: the person feels unwell and stops, just as they would if they had drunk too much coffee. To go on further would induce sickness that prevented any further consumption. Nicotine is quickly metabolised and eliminated from the body, so such effects are transient.
    But no reference to the source article or publication itself, just an open statement.

It may be true, but confirmation bias would have most people here take that at face value, just as the same applies to those on the opposition - the negative articles confirm their beliefs and they take it as proof.

I'm specifically encouraging people to find the data at the bottom of these "truths" and understand the nuances behind it. Don't fall to the same sucker punch that everyone else does, make sure you have the facts to back up your position, and the next time someone quotes you a negative "truth", you'll know how to respond.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sperex View Post
    The only real issue I have with the article is it's use of absolutes and how it doesn't cite the reference sources.

Take this for instance;

With the reference point being;

But no reference to the source article or publication itself, just an open statement.

It may be true, but confirmation bias would have most people here take that at face value, just as the same applies to those on the opposition - the negative articles confirm their beliefs and they take it as proof.

I'm specifically encouraging people to find the data at the bottom of these "truths" and understand the nuances behind it. Don't fall to the same sucker punch that everyone else does, make sure you have the facts to back up your position, and the next time someone quotes you a negative "truth", you'll know how to respond.
    Thank you so much sperex for replying.

I will look at the op information more thoroughly. I'm encouraged by your letting us know your "real truth". Thanks so much.
    sperex likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    One thing I am interested in and possibly off topic, in a way, is how people's nicotine cravings manifest?

I actually get light headed and almost a little confuzzled when in don't have Nic for a few hours, it's beyond a "craving" for me.

It definitely feels more physiological rather than psychological, but who knows.
    Bobthebuilder and Davi like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    One thing I am interested in and possibly off topic, in a way, is how people's nicotine cravings manifest?

I actually get light headed and almost a little confuzzled when in don't have Nic for a few hours, it's beyond a "craving" for me.

It definitely feels more physiological rather than psychological, but who knows.
    As much as for the cause I'd like to say I'm not addicted to nic since I started vaping, I know I am.

If we go by rolygate's definition it seems quite simple. I am really stressed if I don't have my PV in my hand and if it's likely to be empty soon I am likely to crack it. I'm addicted to nic, I'm sure many other vapers are not.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post

Ditto Chris, along with black spots in front of my eyes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast