Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hawaii five-0 , death by nicotine

AVF Regular

Hawaii five-0 , death by nicotine

Hawaii five-0 seaon 5 -9 "Ke Koho Mamao Aku" "Longshot"
    Rodeo bull rider Keone Maka is found poisoned in a desert on the Big Island, which NASA uses to test Mars rovers. Max reluctantly joins forces with Sanjeet Dawan (Ravi Patel), with whom he has been feuding for several years. Keone is found to be poisoned. Grover searches the victim's apartment and finds a vial of horse blood, which comes back a DNA match to Urban Myth, a missing race horse. When they find that the horse's owner, Jeff Harrison (Frank Ashmore), is also on the island, Five-0 arrive at his place to see that he too is poisoned but still alive. Putting aside their differences, Max and Dawan determine the poison to be nicotine, and doctors are able to inject Harrison with the counter toxin to save his life. Five-0 later discover that Urban Myth is still alive, and they arrest ranch owner Al Mokuau before he could kill the horse. Mokuau reveals he poisoned the two to cover up the horse's existence. It is also revealed that Max and Dawad's feud was based on an action figure of Janice Rand, a recurring character from Star Trek, which Danny calls a Barbie doll. Meanwhile, to get Danny a Christmas tree, McGarrett cuts down a tree from a forest reserve despite Danny's disapproval. The two are later caught in the act by a civilian and fined $1200 for it, instead of purchasing a tree for $720.

gota love the doc "a tea spoon can kill you and thanks to e-cigs anyone can get it"
    Bobthebuilder likes this.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

gota love the doc "a tea spoon can kill you and thanks to e-cigs anyone can get it"
    lol....meanwhile in the UK boy ingests 180 cigarettes worth of nic and lives to tell the tale...

Boy, 14, collapses after overdosing on nicotine chewing gum handed out in school | Daily Mail Online

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    .. gota love the doc "a tea spoon can kill you and thanks to e-cigs anyone can get it"
    Meh.. If a man can't handle a teaspoon of nicotine in his horse blood, is he worth keeping?

Wait ..what? How exactly was the poison administered?
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    lol....meanwhile in the UK boy ingests 180 cigarettes worth of nic and lives to tell the tale...

Boy, 14, collapses after overdosing on nicotine chewing gum handed out in school | Daily Mail Online
    The UK story- that was back in 2009.
    itslilox and Vaporific like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Could a teaspoon 5ml of pure nicotine kill someone, 1000mg/ml?
    Which would equal 50ml of 100mg nic.
    Do they know the lethal dose?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    Could a teaspoon 5ml of pure nicotine kill someone, 1000mg/ml?
    Which would equal 50ml of 100mg nic.
    Do they know the lethal dose?
    or 500ml of 10mg nic + 500ml of doubler that's 1L of 5mg vape!

Should kill them with rats poison and vape on the nic. What a waste
    itslilox and disley like this.

5ml of 1000mg/ml will most certainly kill you!!!
    It's thought that 100mg nicotine is a lethal dose.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom_Veto View Post
    5ml of 1000mg/ml will most certainly kill you!!!
    It's thought that 100mg nicotine is a lethal dose.
    Nope.
    Some Drs guessed that in 1903 or thereabouts, been repeated a lot but not right.
    Some peoples have ingested a LOT more than that recently and lived.

Retired Account
    The only person that we know for sure who died from nicotine poisoning injected it as a suicide.
    I have read reports of people surviving 1500mg ingestion of nicotine.
    There was a case of a toddler dying after allegedly drinking nicotine in Israel, but the story was only written about in one article in a newspaper there. There was no autopsy or follow up. I asked Yaeliq (Israeli vendor) about it, and he wrote that the child had apparently ingested pure nicotine her grandfather kept in his bedroom. A single article in an Israeli newspaper has sparked anti-vaping health nazis to use that story to argue for banning the sale of liquid nicotine. When I wrote to NSW Health about this, and asked for verification of the death as being from nicotine toxicity, I got a harsh email back from them saying that it wasn't important, the fact was that the child had died. I'd have thought that they'd at least want to verify the story as true.. newspapers print a lot of crap, after all. Isn't it odd that a state's health department is using an unverified newspaper article from a foreign country to dictate government policy?

I believe it would be virtually impossible to die from inhaling nicotine - you'd get sick and/or pass out before you could get enough of it in your system. There's a reason why there's no "pill" version of nicotine - all NRT is about absorption through skin or mucosa. Nicotine doesn't do very well in the digestive system.
    MrGruffy likes this.

A UK guy vaped 500mg.

He's fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast