Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 15 times the cancer risk

Thumbs up 15 times the cancer risk

Last time with the Japanese study, that was only 10.

The University of Portland just published a letter in the New England Journal of Medicine. It states that Formaldehyde found in e-cigarette aerosol could lead to an increase of cancer risk of 5 to 15 times compared to tobacco.

It seems again they've been measuring a flow of constant dry hits, according to this response from DR. Farsalinos, who claims researchers have not figured out yet the purpose of a VV battery.

This medical publication reached mainstream media with titles like "new study finds increased cancer risk with e-cigs"

AVF Regular
    All this stuff, easily debunked, they'll expose themselves through this BS

AVF Regular
    We need a vaping scientist to do some more studies.
    Not that i want the results swayed in vapings direction but he/she might have some clue about how to get some vapor properly.
    Anyone got a Gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer sitting in their garage i can use?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jeno1200 View Post
    We need a vaping scientist to do some more studies.
    Not that i want the results swayed in vapings direction but he/she might have some clue about how to get some vapor properly.
    Anyone got a Gas chromatograph/mass spectrometer sitting in their garage i can use?
    have used a Gas chromatograph often in copper wire manufacturing, just don't have it around now.... would have come in handy.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    urghh...yeah i saw that, SC tweeted about it. I'm too tired to respond to him about it, it won't make any difference whatsoever if I did.
    This was a single small scale study, the same type which has found results completely inconsistent with this, but he never tweets about them because they are "small scale studies".

The test was performed using a "tank system", glycerine & glycol but I haven't seen any information of what kind of device, how long the pulses were for, the coil material...so many variables.

As I have said before, when big money is involved, corruption and lies flow, add mainstream media to the mix and it is a losing argument. Take a look at Global Warming for an idea of manipulation, outright lies and corruption. So many of the claims there have been proven false and/or outright lies, yet, the wagon keeps rolling....
    TrueNews likes this.

AVF Regular
    Agencies are paid to find the faults or the positives in things and can only release what they have been paid to do.Nothing can really be determined until there is an unbiased study to be completed and all relevant data is released.At the end it may turn out bad or worse than smoking(which I highly doubt) or it is less harmfull than smoking(more likely) but I highly doubt it is a fully safe and healthy replacement.I changed from smoking to vaping for harm minimalisation and feel a whole lot better for it.This piece is probably a small snipped that they pulled out of a 100 page or more report but can do the most damage to be released
    akef38 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    All this stuff, easily debunked, they'll expose themselves through this BS
    Debunked? sure - exposed? doubt it very much.
    Dr F, has to be one of the most out spoken proponents for vaping - never seen him quoted in mainstream media.
    If it's not on today tonight or another mainstream regional/national/international equivalent, Joe Average won't go looking for it......

Depressing really, but in no way surprising.
    Bobthebuilder and lulu68 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast