Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Totally Wicked's legal challenge of the TPD- Please vote

AVF Regular

Totally Wicked's legal challenge of the TPD- Please vote

Totally Wicked UK are asking for support in their legal challenge of the TPD in the EU. If you support our tank system and buying bottles of eliquid bigger than 10mls (among other things), here is the link to Vote.

http://article20legalchallenge.com/

When I voted, it asked for my name, email address and town only. No country barring.

Super Moderator
    Signed up .... Great now Fraser Cropper knows where I live .... hope he doesn't tell Jason
    Davi likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Did you really sign up Fats? lol. With TW?

You can tell the good vendors from the crap ones.

My favorite vendor has already notified customers, moved all stock to 10ml bottles and max 20mg, achieved ISO 9001:2008 and from March will be releasing chemical and emission analysis for every batch of liquid produced to ensure it meets the new EU regulations.

The crap companies will fall and the overall quality will increase.
    Fatman, Stewey, sams and 1 others like this.

The new EU regulations are in front of us now. Netherlands have already announced it while UK and France are planning to do so by this March / April. A number of other EU states like Spain, Greece, Germany, and Italy would follow through the year. The regulations regarding eLiquid are not only 10ml bottles and 20mg nicotine but includes a number of issues:
    - Quality of production management.
    - Batch numbers and traceability.
    - First materials certification and suppliers quality management (including for hardware such as bottling and capping).
    - Emission testing and chemical analysis (EU Protocol) on finished product per batch, as well on all first materials used.
    - Labelling and Warnings
    - Advertising

All the above are minimum standards that all manufactures, suppliers and importers have to comply. Some EU member states like UK, France and Germany may even demand full Product and Public Liability insurance from all parties involved.
    It's not just 10ml bottles and 2ml restrictions. The vendors that are jumping up and down are the ones that have bled the market dry for years with no quality control and now don't want to cough up the money to comply.
    Fatman, Stewey and crispy like this.

AVF Regular
    Regarding the 2ml restrictions, people on ECF were saying that stores were not even going to be selling parts for atomizers that contained over 2ml of liquid. As far as I know the Netherlands have introduced these laws as of Feb 1, and many customers of self-e-steam received emails prior to this date about them selling current stock heavily discounted before this date.
    Looking at their site, I see no atomizers at all for sale, though accessories and mods are still available.

Sure, juice manufacturers can repackage in 10ml bottles, though this is a PITA all round; but companies selling and manufacturing RTA's will not find it so easy.

Super Moderator
    Ahhhh Frasers not too bad , it was just Jason losing the plot lol
    Although yep, its more about vendors protecting their sales, but at the moment anything to stop the EU bully boys, or at least keep them busy can't be a bad thing

I think I had a moment of old time reminiscence.....

Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Did you really sign up Fats? lol. With TW?

You can tell the good vendors from the crap ones.

My favorite vendor has already notified customers, moved all stock to 10ml bottles and max 20mg, achieved ISO 9001:2008 and from March will be releasing chemical and emission analysis for every batch of liquid produced to ensure it meets the new EU regulations.

The crap companies will fall and the overall quality will increase.
    Last edited by Fatman; 03-02-15 at 02:05 AM.
    <---cop likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I dealt with TW all through my FIRST and early vaping experience.

Their product got me into vaping in the first place - sure I moved on since then but they were instrumental in me, my wife and my son all giving up the smokes - Credit where Credit is due.

Anyone else here that has actually dealt with TW wan't to 'dis' them for either their product or their principle with the EU ?
    Last edited by TrueNews; 03-02-15 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    It's not just 10ml bottles and 2ml restrictions. The vendors that are jumping up and down are the ones that have bled the market dry for years with no quality control and now don't want to cough up the money to comply.
    Although I agree with you, I do think the 20mg/mL and the 2mL limits are just plain wrong. There's a significant difference in the throat hit sensation between a 20mg and a 24mg vape, and if a standard vivi nova tank doesn't make the cut then something is seriously out of place.

Those companies that are shouting out to remove all the EU TPD regulations are showing their weak side, and I think you're right that those vendors will probably be the first to fall.

I would be more convinced and have more respect for those companies who argue for specific limits - Specifically asking for the nicotine limit to be raised to 24mg/mL, and maybe a 3.5 or 4mL volume limit.

saved from a reddit post, something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Although I agree with you, I do think the 20mg/mL and the 2mL limits are just plain wrong. There's a significant difference in the throat hit sensation between a 20mg and a 24mg vape, and if a standard vivi nova tank doesn't make the cut then something is seriously out of place.

Those companies that are shouting out to remove all the EU TPD regulations are showing their weak side, and I think you're right that those vendors will probably be the first to fall.

I would be more convinced and have more respect for those companies who argue for specific limits - Specifically asking for the nicotine limit to be raised to 24mg/mL, and maybe a 3.5 or 4mL volume limit.
    I know a number of people who only vape 48mg.

You can pick any limit. It's never going to suit everyone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast