Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Vaping in SA

Vaping in SA

Hi everything.
    I was looking around online for laws on vaping in Australia and I wonder if anyone especially locals can advice me on this.

I am a vaper and will be heading to Adelaide on the last week of Feb. I have a few questions,

Is vaping (ecig) legal in Adelaide?
    If yes, can i bring my own DIY eJuice(mixed with nicotine) into Adelaide? I am really concern about this as I know Australia have very strict immigration/customs law for bringing in liquid from overseas.

I come from a country where vaping is a strict no no, and you need to hide in your own home and vape. I respect the Australia laws if there is any that is against vaping. I certainly do not want to get myself into trouble there.

Thanks.

SOrry for the poor english.
    Fluffyvapingclouds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by knight_ View Post
    Hi everything.
    I was looking around online for laws on vaping in Australia and I wonder if anyone especially locals can advice me on this.

I am a vaper and will be heading to Adelaide on the last week of Feb. I have a few questions,

Is vaping (ecig) legal in Adelaide?
    If yes, can i bring my own DIY eJuice(mixed with nicotine) into Adelaide? I am really concern about this as I know Australia have very strict immigration/customs law for bringing in liquid from overseas.

I come from a country where vaping is a strict no no, and you need to hide in your own home and vape. I respect the Australia laws if there is any that is against vaping. I certainly do not want to get myself into trouble there.

Thanks.

SOrry for the poor english.
    Hi Knight

Vaping is legal in SA. It is currently unregulated. I often vape in front of police and have never been asked what I am doing. Vaping in places where smoking is illegal (i.e. indoors in public place) would not be advised unless the proprietor gives permission. Selling nicotine (excluding in approved pharmaceuticals) is illegal, but buying it from overseas and possessing it is not.
    I don't think customs would be a problem but I have no experience. It may be better to mail your juices to your destination address in advance to save yourself the questions.

Cheers, Magoo

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Hi Knight

Vaping is legal in SA. It is currently unregulated. I often vape in front of police and have never been asked what I am doing. Vaping in places where smoking is illegal (i.e. indoors in public place) would not be advised unless the proprietor gives permission. Selling nicotine (excluding in approved pharmaceuticals) is illegal, but buying it from overseas and possessing it is not.
    I don't think customs would be a problem but I have no experience. It may be better to mail your juices to your destination address in advance to save yourself the questions.

Cheers, Magoo
    HI Magoo,

Thanks so much for the info. That really helps a lot. I will be staying at a hotel and shipping nicotine will be extremely troublesome. And shipping nicotine over to SA from where I am now is impossible.

Do you if there is any vape shops in Adelaide downtown? I will be staying near Rundle, any good vape shops there?

Knight

AVF Regular
    Hi Knight,

You will not be able to buy nicotine locally, selling it is illegal in Australia. Don't worry about bringing the liquid with you. It will not be stopped. Here is the link to Australian Customs page, so you can see by yourself: Alcohol/Cig/Tobacco2

Quote Originally Posted by EwaZofia View Post
    Hi Knight,

You will not be able to buy nicotine locally, selling it is illegal in Australia. Don't worry about bringing the liquid with you. It will not be stopped. Here is the link to Australian Customs page, so you can see by yourself: Alcohol/Cig/Tobacco2
    HI EwaZofia,

Thanks for the link. Thats helps a lot. I will bring a small amount of eJuice for my own use then.

HI EwaZofia,

Thanks for the link. Thats helps a lot. I will bring a small amount of eJuice for my own use then.
    Good luck. You will love Adelaide if you haven't been before. It goes a bit mad here in March. We call it Mad March.
    Last edited by Magoo; 05-02-15 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Good luck. You will love Adelaide if you haven't been before. It goes a bit mad here in March. We call it Mad March.
    HI Magoo,

Been there a few times. I am always there for the Super v8, Clipsal 500. this time too!

Is there any vape shops near rundle mall which i can pay a visit?

AVF Regular
    Beware of anyone saying "hey there stranger, I've got this big drum of vaping goodies here, just stick your head in and look".

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Beware of anyone saying "hey there stranger, I've got this big drum of vaping goodies here, just stick your head in and look".
    lol... you are not kidding me are you?

AVF Regular
    lol... you are not kidding me are you?
    No Cookies | Herald Sun
    Mr G never jokes..:-)
    Stewey likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast