Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Imho
  • 3 Post By sassy

Thread: E-cigarette Comparison to Cigarettes and Ambient Air

AVF Regular

E-cigarette Comparison to Cigarettes and Ambient Air

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I found this whilst looking for an article to send to my daughter, who was concerned that vaping was more dangerous than smoking (based on recent media reports).

Comparison of select analytes in aerosol from e-cigarettes with smoke from conventional cigarettes and with ambient air

Mentioned here.

"Analysis of the smoke from conventional cigarettes showed that the mainstream cigarette smoke delivered approximately 1500 times more harmful and potentially harmful constituents (HPHCs) tested when compared to e-cigarette aerosol or to puffing room air. The deliveries of HPHCs tested for these e-cigarette products were similar to the study air blanks rather than to deliveries from conventional cigarettes; no significant contribution of cigarette smoke HPHCs from any of the compound classes tested was found for the e-cigarettes."
    sperex, Vaporific, Convert and 1 others like this.
    ---

AVF Regular
    Quick! Someone tell the press! They'll want to get onto this right away to clear up the misinformation they've inadvertently been spreading.

Unfortunately, it'd get shot down due to the relationship with "Lorillard Tobacco Company".
    Because we all know they are less trustworthy than the "experts" who run the current agenda...