Thread: Study

Study

This was shared on Facebook VAPORS LOUNGE group...

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/11/786

AVF Regular
    I didn't have time to read it all, I'll come back later to read it all.
    It seems the smokers must have had the choice to either smoke or vape when they felt like it?
    The carts only contained 7.4mg of nic?

Thats very good results when the smokers had no choice of eguiptment, flavours or nic strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    ... Thats very good results when the smokers had no choice of eguiptment, flavours or nic strength.
    Yes, very promising. The 24 week period would've been key. Most people give up on it if it doesn't work straight away. Gave them the time to use their equipment to the fullest potential.

I think the results are remarkable given the group of 40 were selected because they were "unwilling to quit" smoking. Basically it was a test of ecigs effectiveness to reduce cigarette use on those who don't wish to quit smoking. Would be interesting to see the results in comparison to other NRT products given the same circumstances.

Cheers
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

CCC
    Here's an idea - Why don't we all call that Quit line and tell them we are wanting to quit smoking, then mention that we got an e-cig for xmas or something, then as they do the follow up calls to see how we are doing we will be telling them that we have sucessfully quit, and this data will be recorded into their system for analysis.

that ^^ is possiby a very good idea.
    I am not sure if its any use for us personally, I think we are vaping fanbois personally. (and I don't want to be spammed by them)
    Might be a suggestion to put in the threads that the noobs find though, that way it can be tracked with real data in place.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Thanks for sharing mate.

Not bad for a pilot study...you always have to start somewhere.

Looking forward to reading these -

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...e&rank%20=%201
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...a&rank%20=%202
    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...a&rank%20=%203

The link in the OP also mentioned a larger study being done in NZ? I think I heard about that a while ago, will have to see if I can dig up some info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Here's an idea - Why don't we all call that Quit line and tell them we are wanting to quit smoking, then mention that we got an e-cig for xmas or something, then as they do the follow up calls to see how we are doing we will be telling them that we have sucessfully quit, and this data will be recorded into their system for analysis.
    Hrmmmm it sounds good but I'd hate for it to be found out that we weren't exactly being truthful. If that happens they'd probably disregard many instances where people did ring up for help. and quit with the help of e-cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I am not sure if its any use for us personally, I think we are vaping fanbois personally.
    Quite true