Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Terribly ignorant article from Rex Jory - Adelaide Advertiser

AVF Regular

Terribly ignorant article from Rex Jory - Adelaide Advertiser

P.20 of Today's Crapvertiser, published online yesterday.

There's so much wrong in this article I haven't the time to pick it to bits. But its the same, tired old fear-mongering and misinformation. Methinks poor old Rex must have just discovered vaping yesterday.

No Cookies | The Advertiser
    Last edited by SmokeHead; 16-03-15 at 12:34 PM.
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

AVF Regular
    No way to comment either....

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    At first I thought, who the hell is "Quit"? But down the bottom of their webpage you can see they're the usual suspects, Heart Foundation and Cancer Council.

Heart Foundation, the mouthpiece of big pharma:

Current members

has been lobbying to shut down vaping for some months now.
    tugboatofdeath likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yes i tried to comment but you cant how convenient

AVF Regular
    It frustrates me that Rex Jory clearly hadn't bothered to do 5 minutes of internet research before converting the vapid contents of his brain into readable characters.

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. And harmful!

Looks like people have started to comment on the article at least. Pat's response is quite good.
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

AVF Regular
    You need to be a paid up subscriber to comment Crispy. 2 comments already there from more informed people than Rex
    I Squonk therefore I vape

AVF Regular
    Same old crap different channel. Why are we surprised.

AVF Regular
    I've commented twice on this article, both times the comments have later been deleted without any abusive language from me. Very dodgy article indeed.

AVF Regular
    that is very disappointing.

AVF Regular
    For a clearly uneducated anti vaping stance the author is taking, it's actually not that bad. The worst part I think is to think companies and flavorings are targeting kids, which I've never seen evidence of, and disagree with. I've read a few articles and interviews over the past few days and flavorings seem to be a real sticking point. One doctor being interviewed yesterday said "clearly adults aren't really looking for anything flavored like smarties". I nearly choked on my tank of nerdz ejuice.

The main points aside from that, don't seem to be lies. Breaking down some of their (more specifically QUITs) arguments:

No one seems to know whether or not e-cigarettes are a health problem. Quit says: “Electronic cigarettes are likely to be less harmful than cigarettes, but the short and long-term health impacts of using electronic cigarettes remain unknown.

Nothing wrong with that statement. It's factual, and acknowledging they are likely healthier, but more research is needed.

“Products involving delivery of chemicals to the lung are normally only approved after extensive evaluation on safety and efficacy.”

Again, not enough research has been conducted, although I would contest by that same argument, cigarette's themselves should be banned entirely. Research has been done, and it's killing people, yet they are still for sale.

Quit adds: “Products currently on the market in Australia have not passed through this process and so their safety cannot be guaranteed.”

See last response.

Quit says: “While there are anecdotal claims of electronic cigarettes being used as an aid to quitting, there are also reports of users increasing their nicotine addiction and dual use of both electronic cigarettes and smoked tobacco.”

I did this for at least 12 months, and have only stopped smokes entirely recently. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Quit says: “It is not against the law to sell non-nicotine electronic cigarettes to children. This is of significant concern, given that the products are designed to mimic the act of smoking, have not been properly evaluated for safety and are clearly promoted to young people with their fruit, confectionary and energy drink flavours.”

I actually agree with this if it's true, at least in convenient stores or B&Ms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast