Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Good news from our pale cousins to the north

AVF Regular

Good news from our pale cousins to the north

From the invaluable Clive Bates
    Canadian dawn The counterfactual

How to compare to the valueless PH/ANTZ in Aus on this issue?
    Vaporific and Davi like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    From the invaluable Clive Bates
    Canadian dawn The counterfactual

How to compare to the valueless PH/ANTZ in Aus on this issue?
    Ummm I'm Canadian/Australian and I'm not pale, hell I would get better tans in the Canadian winter and summers than I do here, The reason for this is the the ozone layer is pretty much gone over Australia and most the time I just burn, Back in Canada in the winter when Ice fishing you would get reflexive sun rays off the snow and would get a good tan, plus a couple weeks a year in the summer it gets hotter than Sydney in Summer, I've seen 46C and 90% humidity without a cloud in the sky, the great lakes really moisten the air in Canada. Both great countries with great people.
    Browny and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Ummm I'm Canadian/Australian and I'm not pale, hell I would get better tans in the Canadian winter and summers than I do here, The reason for this is the the ozone layer is pretty much gone over Australia and most the time I just burn, Back in Canada in the winter when Ice fishing you would get reflexive sun rays off the snow and would get a good tan, plus a couple weeks a year in the summer it gets hotter than Sydney in Summer, I've seen 46C and 90% humidity without a cloud in the sky, the great lakes really moisten the air in Canada. Both great countries with great people.
    One day I hope to see those lakes.
    aussievapes and Browny like this.

AVF Regular
    I was surprised at Clive's response to Recommendation 6 and felt Recommendation 14 was just more idiotic BS.

RECOMMENDATION 6 That the Government of Canada work with all affected stakeholders to establish a new legislative framework (under the Tobacco Act, new legislation, or other relevant statutes) for regulating electronic cigarettes and related devices and that this new framework establish maximum levels of nicotine contained in electronic cigarette liquid or vapour.
    And (the start of) Clive's response:
    Response 6.There is no basis for setting a maximum limit, other than one that is much higher than routinely used in consumer products say 7% or 70mg/ml. ...
    70mg/ml?!? The highest I'd heard of for mixing RTV liquid (safely) was 36mg. That is almost twice as strong! I started at 33mg/ml and have steadily dropped down to 12mg/ml.

Did anyone here start out using more than 36mg/ml?

RECOMMENDATION 14 That the Government of Canada work with all affected stakeholders to establish a new legislative framework (under the Tobacco Act, new legislation, or other relevant statutes) for regulating electronic cigarettes and related devices and that this new framework prohibit the use of flavourings in electronic cigarette liquids that are specifically designed to appeal to youth, such as candy flavourings
    Who decides what a flavor 'specifically designed to appeal to youth' contains? Would it bar my 'Tropical Fruit Salad' mix, or any of the 6 ingredients? I like Clive's response to the effect that if youth are using e-cigs to emulate 'cool behavior' they are hardly going for flavors that seem to be 'for children'. Instead they tend to opt for rum/tobacco based flavors. 'Candy flavorings' my arse..
    Browny likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeB View Post
    One day I hope to see those lakes.
    I've seen them a few times, When flying over them all you see is water, no land, its like your flying over a ocean, When look at them on the ground you can not see the other side, Its just too far, In the winter just the front edges freeze, you can walk about 1km on them and then you hear crashing waves against the ice, its really loud. I'm moving back in may with my Aussie family, its going to a real climate shock for them -50c in the winter for 2 weeks, brrrrrrrr and were taking the 2 cats and 2 dogs, can't wait to toss one of my cats in a snow bank. I bet she won't want to run out of the house after that, lol.
    btobw and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    @aussievapes yep i remember going to India a few years ago and being amazed at how much i *wasn't* getting burned in the sun.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tugboatofdeath View Post
    @aussievapes yep i remember going to India a few years ago and being amazed at how much i *wasn't* getting burned in the sun.
    Yeah same with hot places like California and Florida, Never really got burned, but it was really hot and sunny.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post

70mg/ml?!? The highest I'd heard of for mixing RTV liquid (safely) was 36mg. That is almost twice as strong! I started at 33mg/ml and have steadily dropped down to 12mg/ml.

USA cigalikes quite often have 45mg/ml
    Vaporific likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    ...because cigalikes not the most efficient nic delivery so need more nic
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aussievapes View Post
    Ummm I'm Canadian/Australian and I'm not pale, hell I would get better tans in the Canadian winter and summers than I do here
    Ok, ok, I know a few Canadians myself and they aren't pale either, eh? Sorry, that wasn't meant to be the point of the post :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast