Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New laws in France

New laws in France

Hi guys,

Things are moving on the French front and I thought you might be interested to see how things are going abroad on the regulation level.

A couple of new laws have been voted. Passed yesterday and just one last step (end of this month) from being effective.

-ban e-cigs from any place that welcome children: schools, daycare, school trip housing...
    -ban in public transport: bus, train, subway...
    -ban in closed or covered workplace as long as there are other employees.

According to the government, they see e-cigs as something that reminds of the act of smoking, with an addiction risk, and they want to limit the exposure with kids.
    The other purpose if to balance the law at the national level since a few cities had already banned e-cigs in public transport for instance.

The government also plans for vaping areas in public places, separated from smoking areas, so that ex-smokers don't have to suffer from second hand exposure and the risk of a relapse.

Quoting their words: considering the absence of second hand effect, these vaping areas won't require as many limitations as smoking areas, especially regarding size or ventilation.

However, around 30MP (out of 577) are pushing for a full ban in public places, similar to traditional cigarettes.

Last, the government is planning a total ban of e-cigs advertising for 2016, which is also expected at the European Union level. This ban will include any form of promotion, indirect or direct advertising, or referral for discounts.

For the context, vaping in France is much more spread than here. It took off around three years ago. Vape shops, online and b&m, are legion.
    It seems to be a quite balanced view and I think it's going the right way. The government is clearly seeing vaping as a successful tool for dealing with the public health issue that smoking is.
    No zealotry this time.
    JenJ, Vaporific, wedgtail and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    The french are reasonably open minded and as you say a small minority want a total ban ,unlike here if they dont understand it they either want to shoot it or ban it ,

AVF Regular
    Thanks for this info. It seems like very good news to me. Sensible regulation.
    steve.c likes this.

What's funny is when I look at the comment from French readers in the news, there is a significant amount of them who complain about how the government wants to ban and regulate everything, limiting individual freedom.
    god I guess we'll never change...

AVF Regular
    Good to see.... but the French have been known to smoke some pretty rancid smokes.... anyone tried the Gauloises when they were smokers ? ugggghhh!!

Vaping has GOT to be better than those things!
    steve.c likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by French in Coogee View Post
    What's funny is when I look at the comment from French readers in the news, there is a significant amount of them who complain about how the government wants to ban and regulate everything, limiting individual freedom.
    I wish Australians were more like this. The French don't know how good they've got it!
    steve.c and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by French in Coogee View Post
    The worlds need a few more anarchists, IMO. It's better than the sheeple attitudes we get here, I think well summed up by crispy. I have a friend that was not born here (actually born in Ireland, but moved to England while he was still a bub) that opines that Australian governments never quite got over the concept of Australia being a convict colony. The 'convict mentality' still applies here..

Not sure if I agree, but then, I've never been anywhere else besides Australia, so can only judge other countries by the little I discover via the interwebs.
    Fatman likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Super Moderator
    ^^^^ I concur , one thing I do like about the French is that they have NO difficulty in telling their government when it oversteps the mark , and they do it passionately and with actual presence , whereas us Aussies whinge a lot , but always have something better to do when asked to stand up and be counted ....

Ze French... " Mon Deux Ze Goverment pigs 'ave plotted to tek aweh mah right to spit on ze Eengleesh Peegs ... we shall burn ze Ouses! "

The Aussie.... " Bloody Tony Abbot taking away all me rights , by jingoes if I didn't have to get down to the TAB and then the pokies tonight , I would give him such a bollocking , but what can ya do hey ? "
    Nakor, Altered1, Vaporific and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Shirley that'd be a "shirtfront", wouldn't it?
    Fatman, Altered1, Convert and 1 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Don't know that I agree with pulling the train tracks up at the border, and burning cars... but a vocal demonstration never hurt anyone

I can just imagine a vaping demonstration:

Fatman, steve.c, Vaporific and 1 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast