Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Motmo
  • 3 Post By Vapes of Groth
  • 1 Post By Northerner
  • 2 Post By MauiDave

Thread: Nicotine Posession Illegal in QLD?!?!?!....

AVF Regular

Nicotine Posession Illegal in QLD?!?!?!....

Hi All,

Serious question, as I feel I may have missed something, or am simply interpreting this incorrectly, but:

Electronic cigarettes | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government
    and
    Electronic cigarettes | Queensland Health

The way this reads to me is that the possession of e-liquid containing nicotine is illegal. In other words, any average joe (or jane) can be charged under tobacco laws for simply having a bottle or tank of e-liquid on their person, for personal use????

Anyone shed any light on these recent changes?

I did a quick search for similar threads but couldn't find anything specifically (and don't have 15 hours to sort through past pages), so if there is another thread on this topic please kindly point me there
    Thanks all-

AVF Regular
    Shhhh! you only have no nic juices right!
    Daemolitia likes this.

You are correct. The law is the same throughout Australia under section 7 of the Poison's act. However with 30% or so of regular and ex smokers having tried vaping and at least 7% regular vapers it is a law that is disobeyed on a very large scale. There have been no prosecutions so far for possession. A couple of prosecutions for selling it.
    I doubt they would prosecute anyone for giving up smoking via vaping, because if they did it would likely turn into an incredible political shitstorm. On the other hand, if it happens, it might be the thing that finally unites the vaping community and would provide a great opportunity to change the law to make it legal. Imagine the media that could be generated, especially if the person prosecuted was willing to take it all the way, refuse to pay a fine and be jailed for giving up smoking.
    Cath Mort, JenJ and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Don't start selling it and you'll fly under the official lines is my approach. Bet they would love to have a nicotine dealer to crucify in the media.
    shaneo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Don't start selling it and you'll fly under the official lines is my approach. Bet they would love to have a nicotine dealer to crucify in the media.
    No, I think that's Nicotine Pusher if you're going to crucify them. It's exactly the same as a nicotine salesman or dealer, but it sounds so much worse. Imagine if it went like this..

A nicotine pusher was discovered operating clandestinely within 8.7 kilometers of a primary school.
    Last edited by Vaporific; 20-03-15 at 08:38 PM.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    that really sux

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    No, I think that's Nicotine Pusher if you're going to crucify them. It's exactly the same as a nicotine salesman or dealer, but it sounds so much worse. Imagine if it went like this..

A NICOTINE PUSHER isn't that called the local SERVO? There is one right near every school selling ice cream and lollies too. To attract the kiddies in.
    SEEMS LEGIT TO ME....
    Vaporific and Therealjoe like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    Of course I only have nicotine free liquids..... Just interested given the context

Haha @MauiDave, good call.