Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Flying in and out with 18650s/Singapore/Hong Kong/Customs

Flying in and out with 18650s/Singapore/Hong Kong/Customs

Hey everyone. I'm a yank that frequents Brissy, so i've been using this site for a little under a year and prefer it to all our's in the states. I'll be posting a nemi, dodge, and liquid to my mates before I leave for my trip this summer, as i'll be traveling through Hong Kong and Singapore who fine heavily for these devices (hong kong even puts you in danger of 2 yrs jail time. Mad.)
    Anyway. I will have to dispose of my current rig when in Guangzhou before I get into HK and pick up the analogs until I get fly into Bris. My question is, would you recommend I toss the 18650's in China as well? anyone on here had experience with HK and Singapore specifically? I don't want to have to post more than I have to/waste any more than I have to but I feel that customs in singapore might have a bit of a fright at my 18650s/charger/kanthal with no purpose. Would you recommend that I just say, if asked, that I am an avid E-cig user, and that I disposed of my illegal devices before entering the country and will be picking up new ones in my next destination?

Any issues with importing the liquid? I talked to a few aussies last year in sydney and melbourne about importing and they had no issues but i certainly don't want to get my mates any fines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks y'all.
    crispy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi mate i am watching this thread with eager anticipaion ,although i am not entering singapore through customs i am transiting the airport travelling to bangkok , i have seen a few videos that the cabin crew have mantioned that the use of e cigs is not permitted on flights (singapore airlines) so ill be waiting to see what others have to say .

AVF Regular
    I travel a lot in Asia but only with an eRoll with high nic content, and nobody ever notices it unless I vape while talking directly to them. I've traveled with gear as small as eGo batteries but have been stopped (they scan a bit like bullets) so I don't travel with them anymore as I don't like answering questions.

I'm stopping in Singapore en route a couple of times this year and will be very annoyed if I get a troublesome customs officer, but it's unlikely. I'm just going to pack my nic in toiletries. I'll dismantle the eRoll cigs if necessary and carry the parts separately.

AVF Regular
    Hi pleski so i hear they are banned in singapore (but ciggies are still available) i have done some reaserch on this as i said in another thread i am going to thailand for a month in june .I have thought about this and i to will pack all my carts ,juice ect in my checked baggage and only have my eleaf and ego plus other batteries in my hand as per avaiation regs .just bought a special little case from fastech to cary it all in makes it neat . I am hoping that i dont get any grief from either the singapore or thai officials as this would be a bad start .
    I have read that to be safe only put what you can afford to lose in carry on baggage in case you come across a over zelous official but this is a bit difficult when avaition regs require you to carry lith ion batteries in hand luggage still if worst comes to worst i will surrender it and then no doubt see it for sale at a street vendor shop ,i always wonder what happens to all the alcahol and smokes that get dumped by passsengers into the bins ,they must have one hell of a end of year party.

AVF Regular
    It's one thing to ban something, it's quite another to enforce it. With all the Brits going to Thailand nowadays, I can't see customs confiscating their ecigs.

I've stopped over in Bangkok many times and never had anyone physically go through my luggage. It's just the type of stuff that shows up in X-Ray machines that you have to watch out for. Liquids are a pain because some tickets are carry-on only, so I always break up my nic into small bottles.

Last time in Sydney they confiscated half a bottle of sunblock, but ignored all the unlabeled bottles of nic in clear toiletry bag. Amusing.
    crispy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Here are a few decent tips about traveling with ecigs:

5 Hot Tips to Get Your Electronic Cigarette through Airport SecurityVaporFi | VaporFi
    crispy likes this.

Just returned from Thailand golf trip. I took 2 egrips aprotank2 , I stick and 2 x 50ml bottles of juice. All where in carry on and I had zero probs just mild interest at X-ray. Brisbane bancock chiag mai and Chiang rai and return.
    crispy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I visit Singapore a number of times each year, as well as transit through there to other SEA destinations. I usually have with me in my HL up to 12 x 18650, 3 mods, 2 RBT, 2 RDA, 90 + mls juice and am yet to have any issues at all. Never even been stopped or questioned to date. Due to the supposed crack down, I now generally only take clones and leave my genuine stuff at home just in case though. HL is the only option for me as for trips of up to 10 days I do not take any checked bags.
    Pleski likes this.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

AVF Regular
    I flew through singapore to berlin last year. Had some basic gear (egos,evods,cartos) in my checked baggage and had no issue at all.
    Pleski likes this.

AVF Regular
    This is all good news as i must admit i have been stressing a bit about what to do ,i plan on taking my eleaf 30w my ego ,2 x nautilus,2 x kanger t3d tanks ,between 8 and 16 x10ml botles and possibly 3 x 30ml a series of drip tips ceramic and stainless and maybe just maybe my e pipe as i love choofin away on it ,the juice will be in checked baggage while playing by the rules all batteries will be in carry on ,i have batteries for cameras,digi scales ,camcorder along with a host of cables for charging ect . As someone said i am sure there are more bigger problems than some guy trying to give the fags away for them to worry about .
    Pleski likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast