Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Glitch

Thread: Health minister on 774 this morning concerning ecigs

AVF Regular

Health minister on 774 this morning concerning ecigs

Just listened this morning to the discussing of e cigs on 774 .Once again ignorance and fear seem to be driving the governments thoughts on ecigs. And the fact that big tobacco is heavily involved is definitely the reason for the fear considering their previous behaviour in withholding the dangers of smoking. They spoke of the need for more research, and the held belief that any research carried out by the big tobacco companies would be questionable because of their previous activities. But failed to say whether independent research would be undertaken despite them believing and stating that it would be the only way to determine how safe vaping is, and the effects of doing so based on the ingredients

i am unable to find out for certain if it was in fact the Victorian Health Minister or Federal Minister, as the podcast wont be up for a few days, and i missed hearing part of the i troduction, but there was a statement made that the owning and use of ecigs containing nicotine is NOT ILLEGAL.
    Did anyone else listen to it , if so could they verify which female minister it was please?
    Last edited by Convert; 26-03-15 at 01:20 PM.

Damn, I must have missed this. What time was it on roughly? I drive into work between 8:30-9:30 and all I heard was some crap about Citilink.

AVF Regular
    Hi , it was on about 11 Glitch . But frustrated as i missed the intro so unsure whether it was the Victorian Health Minister or Federal one.

Cheers Convert, I might try give Lindy a call this afternoon, even though it isn't 'what are you doing Wednesday'.
    Convert likes this.