Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Our friend Gutfield again on the ridiculous Californian ANTZ ad campaign

AVF Regular

Our friend Gutfield again on the ridiculous Californian ANTZ ad campaign

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/03/2...ze-flimsy-lies

Greg Gutfeld tonight sounded off on California ads which trash e-cigarettes.

“The Five” co-host said that the ads “demonize with flimsy lies.” The ads claim that e-cigarettes are as addictive as heroin and have unknown long-term effects.

In reality, Gutfeld said that e-cigarettes don’t contain tobacco and that they help people quit real cigarettes.

“The ads do exactly what they accused e-cigs of doing – seductively marketing something deadly. It’s not an ad, it’s propaganda,” he said.

Gutfeld speculated that perhaps the government doesn’t want Americans to quit smoking because that’s how it makes money.
    Last edited by Davi; 28-03-15 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added text
    Cath Mort, JenJ, Olfella and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I wish I had the stage to say what he did, too... good on him.

AVF Regular
    California borrowed massively on the expectation smokers would continue to pay increasing tobacco taxes, as did New York and other states. The rules are that the loans can ONLY be paid back through tobacco revenues, and not through other taxes.

If vaping continues to rise, and tobacco use continues to decline, California is screwed.
    Davi likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    California borrowed massively on the expectation smokers would continue to pay increasing tobacco taxes, as did New York and other states. The rules are that the loans can ONLY be paid back through tobacco revenues, and not through other taxes.

If vaping continues to rise, and tobacco use continues to decline, California is screwed.
    That's what you get for being immoral bastards.
    Cath Mort, JenJ and Northerner like this.

AVF Regular
    A California university chemistry professor has come out in support of vaping:

California State University Chemistry Professor: 'No Scientific Reason to Restrict Vaping' | The BRAD BLOG

The radio program link at the bottom is a nice listen.

They will get there tax dollars some other way. Probably from the legalisation of Cannabis and taxing the crap out of it.
    Northerner likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hell yeah, tax the potheads rather... lol

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Next they will be telling us that, e-cigs are part of an evil communist plot, to take down capitalism.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    I'm not so sure they'll recoup a lot of money from taxed pot.

If they hit established vendors, like medical marijuana shops, I don't think it would look too good hiking up the taxes for supplies for cancer patients etc.

They wont actually be taxing medical though. 9 more states are looking to legalise cannabis in the next 12 months and recent gallop polls indicate that 60% of the population is in favour of legalisation. Currently the 2 states that have legalised have between 25% to 30% tax on the sale. Also in those states the medical sale and recreational sale is completely separate and medical is not taxed as heavily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast