Like Tree11Likes
  • 9 Post By tugboatofdeath
  • 2 Post By Olfella

Thread: E-Cigarettes Poised to Save Medicaid Billions

AVF Regular

E-Cigarettes Poised to Save Medicaid Billions

Interesting article
    Pleski, Cath Mort, Olfella and 6 others like this.

Excellent find TBOD . Great article from a good source .It's all about the money again ,but put in a good way.
    Pity it's not Aussie eh ?
    tugboatofdeath and Cath Mort like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    Nice! I particularly like:

"Given the long-term fiscal challenges facing Medicaid, the prospect of large e-cigs cost savings is worth a non-interventionist approach until hard evidence proves otherwise."

I'd personally like regulation to ensure quality and safe ingredients in eliquids and packaging. But I think when tobacco control talk regulation they mean "regulate out of potential enjoyment, preferably out of existence". So right now no action is probably the best action.

I just hope a day never comes when a bad batch of nic makes it onto the market, a la baby milk, frozen berries, lead paint toys etc. Overly optimistic?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    Nice! I particularly like:

"Given the long-term fiscal challenges facing Medicaid, the prospect of large e-cigs cost savings is worth a non-interventionist approach until hard evidence proves otherwise."

I'd personally like regulation to ensure quality and safe ingredients in eliquids and packaging. But I think when tobacco control talk regulation they mean "regulate out of potential enjoyment, preferably out of existence". So right now no action is probably the best action.

I just hope a day never comes when a bad batch of nic makes it onto the market, a la baby milk, frozen berries, lead paint toys etc. Overly optimistic?
    The thing about this line is the nic! It's okay for the other things to have a bad batch now and then because they're consumer products, nic has already been demonized from the beginning.
    The reality is that it would have to be really really bad nic that had been mixed with something else, dare I say deliberately tarnished!

AVF Regular
    A bad batch of nic would be devastating propaganda against vaping. All the pharma shills would chime in with "I told you so, only pharma can do this properly".

At the moment all they have is odd fluff stories, a battery exploding here, an unsubstantiated poisoning there.

How much % more or less money do you think medical establishment would make if people stopped smoking?
    01101001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110110 01100001 01110000 01101001 01101110 01100111