• 3 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By arth_d
  • 4 Post By stylemessiah
  • 2 Post By JenJ

Thread: @triplejmornings science podcast: Electronic cigarettes

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

@triplejmornings science podcast: Electronic cigarettes

Electronic cigarettes, hairy shoes, volcano eruptions | media | triple j @DoctorKarl talks about them @ 9.35.
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    lol!

Wheat is safe to eat, but it's not safe to inhale wheat dust...PG could be the same. And this guy is supposed to be a scientist.

He didn't even know exactly what the carrier in ecigs was.
    Crisscross likes this.

Super Moderator
    Actually he was very right about the wheat dust lol ... but the POLYpropylene Glycol had me a little worried Amazing what a difference four little letters can make ...One is a food safe ingredient used widely in just about everything as a humectant , the other is an irritant , and explosive in vapour form , and is an ester used in plastic manufacture and polyurethanes ( yum yum )

Actually its rare you see Dr Karl a bit nervous , and I think he was answering that ? Possibly because he wanted to say things that might get him in some trouble with his "peers"? Just a theory
    styxs, gtadmin and Browny like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    A few months ago Dr Karl was very outspoken against ecigs on tripleJ. He seems to have calmed down a bit now.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Actually he was very right about the wheat dust lol ... but the POLYpropylene Glycol had me a little worried

A deliberate attempt to associate vapes with a dangerous chemical, or just a memory slip?
    styxs, Fatman and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    A deliberate attempt to associate vapes with a dangerous chemical, or just a memory slip?
    Sounded like foot in mouth disease to me
    gtadmin likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I used to think Dr Carl was OK a few years ago. But hes just a knob like the rest of them.
    Last edited by arth_d; 23-04-15 at 11:32 PM.
    Slayer and trojan like this.

AVF Regular
    He's lost what little credibility he had now that hes on the box selling Fuhrer Tony's we-will-work-you-till-you-drop-peasants plan
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I agree FM. He was cockily confident in all his answers up to the ecig question. At which point he did sound a bit nervous, and obviously didn't know exactly what the ecig ingredient was.

I clearly remember him sounding supremely confident in his anti-ecigs stance last time he spoke on the subject on tripleJ.

Something happened between then and now. Either he's realised the science is being warped by the anti-tobacco lobby, or...a bit of dementia?
    tugboatofdeath and Fatman like this.