Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Lawsuit against Blu Cigs

Lawsuit against Blu Cigs

Interesting to say the least:

Courthouse News Service
    Robray and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    Sounds like some donkey bought the CA health department ads.

This could end up with all the facts coming out in court to prove that vapes are 100's of times safer than cigs. Still, maybe not, judges don't have any particular scientific acumen, and certainly the litigants will provide plenty of pseudo-scientific research to support their contention.

Still, could be a great outcome, if there is scientific rigour.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Diek and class members seek an injunction to stop Lorillard from promoting Blu products as safe under the Consumer Legal Remedies Act,

Very valid point. World of a difference between "Safe" and "Safer"
    Browny, Northerner, Dalork and 1 others like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I'm just about to mix up some diy juice and was wondering how much formadahyde, cadmium and lead I should add. Always thought I was missing something.
    "safe" probably not "safer" for sure.
    I like bit that some of the chemicals are in ciggarettes.
    jen, Hoofprint and nicoandlaughter like this.

Super Moderator
    Hmmmm this is the case that the FDA has wanted and been waiting for IMO ... be prepared for lots of cash , lots of lies and manipulation from all sides , and probably a nice out of court settlement , so the question doesn't get answered
    Altered1, Browny, Dalork and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    should be interesting

AVF Regular
    I thought they did say "safer" not "safe"? No idea really, haven't seen any of their ads.

<conspiracy hat on>
    If they have been saying "safe", it may have been their intention to be sued all along.

Big, public, court case finding e-cigs not "safe" goes a long way to getting rid of this pesky business threat.
    <conspiracy hat off> (But being kept close to hand)

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Hmmmm this is the case that the FDA has wanted and been waiting for IMO ...
    I'm actually wondering if this is a 'straw man' case set up by Lorillard to get a favorable legal precedent.

Does anyone know where we can see these ads? I was searching YouTube and found the following 5 commercials for blu e-cigs, & exactly none of them mention 'safe', 'safer' or 'health' that I heard.

OK.. max one video per post, fair enough. Here are links to 4 more..

blu eCigs 2013 TV Commercial Freedom featuring Jenny McCarthy for blu Electronic Cigarettes

blu Electronic Cigarettes - Good Morning (Web Ad)

Blu Electronic Cigarettes "Cartoon Ad"

blu Electronic Cigarette TV Commercial - Buy blu eCigs Electronic Cigarettes!
    Robray and nicoandlaughter like this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Blu deceptively advertises their e-cigarettes as a "safer," "healthier," and "smarter alternative to traditional cigarettes" since they produce only vapor and not tobacco smoke.
    Where is the false advertising? Stevie Wonder can see they are a safer alternative to tobacco. Cant see anywhere in the notice where they maintain they are "Safe". Yes they do say smarter and healthier. Might be they are in the short term, but to be fair who can say about the long term with regard to health. Short term they are an Ideal harm reduction tactic, and until any peer revues are available, healthier is my take on the situation.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Diek and class members seek an injunction to stop Lorillard from promoting Blu products as safe under the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, a refund for class members, and damages for unfair competition, deceptive advertising, and express warranty.
    All Blue need to do, IMO, is prove they did not call them safe, if the case is about them calling the product safe.
    The ads say "safer", all the science points at them being safer, any Judge that couldn't see that shouldn't be a Judge.
    Robray, Dalork and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast