Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: QLD man's home raided and fined $350.00 for nic possession.

AVF Regular

QLD man's home raided and fined $350.00 for nic possession.

E-cigarette seller falls foul of law | Bundaberg NewsMail

"AN ELLIOTT Heads man who launched a petition last year against having e-cigarettes treated as tobacco products has become a victim of the new law.

Shane Kerrigan, who owns a store selling e-cigarettes, pleaded guilty and was fined $350 on April 1 for possessing nicotine liquid.

Mr Kerrigan said he was charged after police and Queensland Health officials raided his home......"

AVF Regular
    Selling Nicotine.... May the flees of a thousand camels infest his gonads and may his arms fall off so he can't scratch them.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

AVF Regular
    fined for possession, not selling. splitting hairs, but it could have been worse
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    You hope its just coz he was selling, how fkd would it be if there were a spate of people getting busted for possession as a revenue raising exercise

Super Moderator
    Fined for possession, not selling ...

Perhaps because of his opposition to the Qld classification of vapour being tobacco?
    disley, Browny, Vaporific and 2 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    So how much money and time was "spent" to fine this bloke $350?

Total miscarriage of justice and waste of taxpayer money.
    steve.c, Vaporific and Dalork like this.

Super Moderator
    I could be wrong , but I think this was the guy who got subjected to a QLD Health Dept " raid "/check on his business , and as he wasn't selling nicotine , they confiscated his personal use nic for testing ... obviously it had nicotine in it , because it was his personal nic ... so as they couldn't get him on sales ( because he wasn't ) they applied the possession aspect on him .... I think the only reason he got busted , was because he was a business , and the Health Dept needed "something" to back up the investigation/"raid" ... I couldn't see a magistrate giving out search and seizure warrants willy nilly for your average vaper ( again I could be wrong )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    … AN ELLIOTT Heads man who launched a petition last year against having e-cigarettes treated as tobacco products has become a victim of the new law. …
    That really sounds like pay back. "How dare he question our new law!"

OTOH I don't see how it is due to the new law since (technically) nicotine possession has always been illegal unless we hold a prescription from a doctor or a license issued by the government.

…Mr Kerrigan said he was charged after police and Queensland Health officials raided his home......" …
    ..and unless it was 'simply' pay back. Watch out all Queensland vapers.

…Shane Kerrigan, who owns a store selling e-cigarettes, pleaded guilty and was fined $350 on April 1 for possessing nicotine liquid.…
    I'd bet he kept waiting for one of his friends to jump up and say 'April Fools!'.
    disley likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I could be wrong , but I think this was the guy who got subjected to a QLD Health Dept " raid "/check on his business , and as he wasn't selling nicotine , they confiscated his personal use nic for testing ... obviously it had nicotine in it , because it was his personal nic ... so as they couldn't get him on sales ( because he wasn't ) they applied the possession aspect on him .... I think the only reason he got busted , was because he was a business , and the Health Dept needed "something" to back up the investigation/"raid" ... I couldn't see a magistrate giving out search and seizure warrants willy nilly for your average vaper ( again I could be wrong )
    That's my understanding Fatz
    Fatman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    I could be wrong , but I think this was the guy who got subjected to a QLD Health Dept " raid "/check on his business , and as he wasn't selling nicotine , they confiscated his personal use nic for testing ... obviously it had nicotine in it , because it was his personal nic ...
    I remember thinking when reading that thread, that it seemed highly suspicious that the authorities confiscated his personal liquids. People seemed to think it would not result in problems, but then, the cops wouldn't have bothered seizing it unless they intended to use it as evidence.
    gtadmin, Fatman and Browny like this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast