Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: The Simpsons showed Bart Simpson Vaping

The Simpsons showed Bart Simpson Vaping

A mate from the U.S just told me they saw a Simpsons episode on last night with Bart Simpson trying an e-cigarette and coughing and maggie blowing vape rings.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    That can't be good, any bet the press will jump on that saying it as being a bad influence on the children.
    Browny and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NateGL View Post
    That can't be good, any bet the press will jump on that saying it as being a bad influence on the children.
    We watched a doco on the super rich the other night and one of the men at the polo was vaping. Only a quick pic but still it was there.
    itslilox and Browny like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    I was waiting for the first appearance of vaping devices in Futurama. Why oh why, did Matt Groening(?) choose to put it in the hands of children, in The Simpsons?

Well, I suppose the obvious answer to that is 'discredit e-cigs'.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    We watched a doco on the super rich the other night and one of the men at the polo was vaping. Only a quick pic but still it was there.
    I'm just worried as the simpsons has a higher chance of being watched by younger people (teens, kids etc) which any bet the media would take out of context as say shit like 'companies are trying to make ecigs acceptable for teenage use by making it hip and look cool on shows like the simpsons'

I guess have to wait see if anything happens

AVF Regular
    Out of all the things to be worried about, this isn't one of them.

Will somebody please think of the children.
    Its a cartoon. They haven't banned drinking because of it yet.
    Id be more worried about seeing them on the block or jersey shore.
    Fatman and itslilox like this.

AVF Regular
    Watched the entire episode as half the story line revolves around it (I thought it was just one reference). Bart vapes to impress a girl as part of peer pressure (sigh). He also buys it from the quickie mart from Apu whom keeps saying he can't stop him (sigh) but encourages him not to buy it (yay!) but in the same breath offers him bubble gum flavor (sigh).

It really doesn't do us many favors. Thankfully new simpsons episodes don't get the same attention they did in the late 90's.
    itslilox, DogMan, Browny and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JV321 View Post
    Watched the entire episode as half the story line revolves around it (I thought it was just one reference). Bart vapes to impress a girl as part of peer pressure (sigh). He also buys it from the quickie mart from Apu whom keeps saying he can't stop him (sigh) but encourages him not to buy it (yay!) but in the same breath offers him bubble gum flavor (sigh).

It really doesn't do us many favors. Thankfully new simpsons episodes don't get the same attention they did in the late 90's.
    Sounds like Mr Groening got a nice cash advance from ANTZ lol ( adjusts tinfoil hat )
    Browny, Vaporific, JV321 and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Hey Chrisscross, what a coincidence i saw that show, 'The rich and us' and I noticed exactly the same thing

it perpetuates that stigma about vapers again and children. 'Can someone please thing of the Children!!', it's like ooo please.. I've had people ask me so many questions and many say 'oh i heard it's worse then smoking,' people just believe what ever the black box in the lounge room says these days. Thank god i have the internet.
    Browny, adze67 and nicoandlaughter like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast