Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By disley
  • 2 Post By disley

Thread: e Cig Speakeasies

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

e Cig Speakeasies

It's been said before, just my thoughts and for those newcomers who may not be aware...

E Cig Speakeasies

I have concerns regarding the future; for both e commerce and brick and mortars.
    The grapevine offers up disturbing, yet predictable news. Speculative, but ultimately a possibility.
    There are many Vapers, and those in the industry, that believe the writing is on the wall.

I am speaking of a market monopoly.

Brought to us with compliments, from the FDA and Big Tobacco.

Currently, the FDA is considering a number of regulatory actions.
    These regulations, would all but ban Vaping devices and e liquids.
    It would equate to the end of development and innovation.
    At least when we think in terms of Mods.

The vast majority of e cig / Mod companies would be out of business.

But Big Tobacco, such as blu (owned by Lorillard) and RJ Reynolds, would be given a pass.

There's currently discussion suggesting Big Tobacco will open lab facilities, to be accredited by the FDA.
    These labs would produce the e liquid that will be utilised for BT's e cig models.

Tobacco companies have long stepped into the e cig market, yes that's e cigs, not Mods.
    Their long-term plans are to reduce production of cigarettes and focus on manufacturing e cigs.
    Obviously, cigarettes will one day be replaced by electronic cigarettes.

If there's a God, please let there be Mods.

Big Tobacco is suggesting to the FDA, that all delivery system devices, such as Atomisers / Tanks, be banned.
    Tobacco lobbyists are working hard to convince the FDA of this, and their justification is they have the necessary experience, with both Tobacco and Nicotine, to produce appropriate devices.

I see a return of speakeasies, and trust me, it will happen if current regulations are approved.
    I for one, will import devices from China, and continue to make my own e liquids.
    It's my health and quite frankly, the FDA, nor the Department of Health in Australia, show little concern at all.

The ultimate goal, is to shut out all competition and place the industry, and future development, in the hands of large tobacco companies.

There's an irony here folks; best characterised as blatant hypocrisy, and monopolising a free market system.

Do we really trust that tobacco companies will deliver a safe alternative to smoking?
    I can assure you that electronic cigarettes from big tobacco, still include many of the toxic chemicals found in cigarettes.
    Consider that innovation, up until now, has come from independent businesses and manufacturers of Mods.
    It is the vaping industry, not big tobacco, that provided viable devices to transition and hence, rid ourselves of tobacco dependency.

It is the Vaping industry, e liquid companies specifically, that have provided us a safe alternative, devoid of carcinogens; not to mention the never ending list of odd compounds and additives. Maoi's too.

Tobacco companies have done nothing, but provide a product and means to kill people.
    How the heck can anyone expect transparency, and or credibility with these cockroaches, is beyond me.

E cig and Mod reviewers, and those online running blogs, have been asked to spread the word.
    It is time for all Vapers to come together and have our voices, heard.

Big Tobacco didn't invent e cigs or Mods.
    Innovation and the free market provided this.
    And it's okay to have these companies be put out of business?
    And BT to thrive?

My head is ready to explode.....
    Helping smokers transition to vaping - Support for new vapers - DIY - The Vapers Table
    President-The New Nicotine Alliance AU

It's all about the juice..

Nicotine is not really addictive, it's all in your head

AVF Regular
    Do you really believe that? What your suggesting wouldnt even be legal.

AVF Regular
    That's how governments and corporations operate now.
    What part of the post isn't legal?
    CCVaper likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    That's how governments and corporations operate now.
    What part of the post isn't legal?
    Making one product illegal so some big company can pedal it under a different guise? Give me an example.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    Do you really believe that? What your suggesting wouldnt even be legal.
    What wouldn't be legal about it?
    Isn't this what big pharmacy and government already do?
    We can't buy or sell nicotine, we can't get over the counter nicotine for vaping, but BP and BT can do in the products they market.
    Davi and trojan like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by disley View Post
    What wouldn't be legal about it?
    Isn't this what big pharmacy and government already do?
    We can't buy or sell nicotine, we can't get over the counter nicotine for vaping, but BP and BT can do in the products they market.
    That's a different scenario entirely. Buying raw nicotine isn't allowed because its a poison. Buying it in patches and gum etc is allowed because its been produced in a government approved place in a controlled environment with controlled dosages and purity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.c View Post
    That's a different scenario entirely. Buying raw nicotine isn't allowed because its a poison. Buying it in patches and gum etc is allowed because its been produced in a government approved place in a controlled environment with controlled dosages and purity
    It's not buying raw nicotine when it's sold in a bottle, diluted and with added flavour.