View Poll Results: Would you support banning ALL cigalike e cigs

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i would support it, if it would stop young people becoming nicotine addicts

4 14.29%
  • No, i dont support it - freedom of choice/Overregulation/Nanny state etc

23 82.14%
  • No - I use them as an adult, and i prefer them over other methods of vaping

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Would you support a ban of....

AVF Regular

Would you support a ban of....

So heres one, just for my own interest

How many people would support a complete ban of all "cigalike" e cigs, to primarily stop children from having access to cheap and cigarette looking e-cigs, and therefore remove one central justification from the list of the those trying to ban vaping, that they will appeal to kids and cause a re-normalisation smoking amongst youth

Edit: Poll fixed

Be gentle its my first poll and really just out of interest to see what people think
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 06-05-15 at 11:28 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

Retired Account
    I personally wouldn't. Only because our local cop has been using one successfully for over a year, and has no interest at all in getting something better or bigger. We tried to give him an istick but he was totally disinterested. Both he and his Senior Sergeant used them to quit smoking successfully. To me, that shows there's a space for them in the market, and there's probably a lot of people all over Australia just quietly getting on with staying away from smokes with their sad little cigalikes. We vapers who hang out online in forums are probably the pointy end of keeping up with whatever the latest greatest thing to vaping is. It's important to remember that all they really are no matter what they are and how much they're worth or how cool they are, they're still just a thing that keeps you from smoking.
    Robray, gtadmin, Fatman and 6 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Yeah good point Mrs g.I hated the things so I guess I just don't want them to ban open tanks. I would however like to see those bloody colourful cigalikes they sell at the local $2 store right next to the lollies banned. Zero nic of course but still.

AVF Regular
    I stopped smoking using a cigalike over 5 years ago, as that is all there was.

It would be easier now with all the stuff available but in those dim dark days it worked for me.

Whatever works, but I see what you are saying,
    disley and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    I personally wouldn't. Only because our local cop has been using one successfully for over a year, and has no interest at all in getting something better or bigger. We tried to give him an istick but he was totally disinterested. Both he and his Senior Sergeant used them to quit smoking successfully. To me, that shows there's a space for them in the market, and there's probably a lot of people all over Australia just quietly getting on with staying away from smokes with their sad little cigalikes. We vapers who hang out online in forums are probably the pointy end of keeping up with whatever the latest greatest thing to vaping is. It's important to remember that all they really are no matter what they are and how much they're worth or how cool they are, they're still just a thing that keeps you from smoking.
    Good points there. I dont see all the angles, so appreciate that post.

I guess i was thinking that if by removing the most accessible e cigs young people would be less likely to bothered with the much more expensive and involved methods.

I really should have covered the evergreen "anything that keeps you from smoking" as an option there..

I thought a simple yes/no and no would be an easy way to get a simple general overview, but throw all the spanners in the works you like!
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    No.

Technology will improve them eventually. That form factor will always be popular in the mainstream market.

AVF Regular
    personally i wouldnt mind it with the same rules as smokes (18 and over)
    it never really stopped those that were determined to smoke it was a feel good to keep all the parents happy.

most B&Ms ban sales to kids now, i dont see the problem if the just make that a national law and it stops at minors

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian R View Post
    I stopped smoking using a cigalike over 5 years ago, as that is all there was.

It would be easier now with all the stuff available but in those dim dark days it worked for me.

Whatever works, but I see what you are saying,
    Me too. What ever works.
    Christian R and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    For full transparencies sake, ill say that i am the first and only Yes voter so far. I wouldnt want any young person to go through what i have with nicotine.

I respect anyones choice to disagree with my opinion

As with any statistical analysis, you can twist the results to suit your view, and i choose to twist the other 2 choices of No to still represent the positive metric of harm minimisation

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    I like the idea of eradicating cigalikes, especially if would shut up the whiners in public health.

But I'm not the banning type, so I picked the middle option.

Also, I think if there were no cigalike the kids would find their way to 2nd gen eventually anyway. Prohibition doesn't work. In fact it's counter productive with this age group.
    disley, trojan and stylemessiah like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast