Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Poking the Bear.

Poking the Bear.

I'm thinking about starting a newsgroup/forum on Google+.

The intention is to :

1. Centralise information on Vaping as it pertains to Health, Science and Politics.
    2. Act as a forum for interested parties to discuss possible strategies for protecting our right to use e-liquid containing nicotine.
    3. Provide a concise resource that can be used as a reference by interested parties (references to quality peer reviewed research etc).

Why Google+ ?

1. We can control who has access (read, update, create).
    2. It has a email engine that provides notifications, and stores emailed responses.
    3. Some of our AussieVapours subscribers are nervous about drawing attention to themselves on the AussieVapes forum - this kind of solution may be less stressful for them.

What I'm hoping we can achieve :

1. Provide a central contact location where we can engage Scientists or other health professionals (if they know where to contact us they may be able to ask us to help if they need contributors or guinea pigs or are interested in gathering pro-vaping perspectives).
    2. Provide a concise reference source to those engaged in formulating or influencing legislation pertaining to e-cigs and nicotine (if some of us can volunteer to do some of the hack work ).
    3. Gives researchers easy access to a vaping community with a diverse collection of opinions.
    4. Be able to form a lobby group (very big maybe) to support the formulation of sensible legislation where appropriate.

If you think this is worth doing, can you let me know.

The Plan.

*** ONLY IF WE GET ENOUGH INTEREST ***

(if you think it's a dumb idea - let me know)

I'll set up the Google+ Group.

Initially I'll be the Admin. I'd be hoping I could share this Admin role with as many of the participants as possible.
    PM me with your email details and I'll set up an account for you.

I haven't used the AussieVapers interface much, so I don't know if PM'ing is the way to go. If necessary I'll publish my email address (though I'd rather not).

Cheers All

Horbs
    Noe, Fatman, JenJ and 3 others like this.

Dear All

I've created a group here :

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/e-...e-and-politics

Bit of a weird URL (sorry - I didn't know it would look like that).

There's no automatic visibility - you need to go to the group and ask to join (or PM me your details).

Only thing I'd ask members is that they keep it respectful to other posters, and stay on topic.

We'll need some collaboration on how to best set this thing up organisation wise.

I'd really urge anyone with an interest to join - there's lots of good people here with good ideas and good skills - *** we need you ***.

Horbs

AVF Regular
    Good luck and whatevs. You will be ignored like the rest of them.
    DogMan likes this.

Super Moderator
    Why would you fragment yourselves? There's a group {another forum}, there's doggies {somewhere, but I don't know where} this {now} and probably heaps more ...
    DogMan likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Nope not heaps... Doggies/ donnas/ seans group and this... some doing it solo on stalk book others on twitter.. So not really fragmenting but prolly a good idea to bring peeps under one roof ..who knows maybe this group and doggies can work togeather somehow .. the other forum had been in many ways heavily appeal based but now thats mostly just wait and see..

Like here... Not all over there agreed with the appeal causing some issues but being wait and see in many ways it has become a non issue at the mercy of the powers that be

About being ignored .. sometimes thats not a bad thing and allows you to get away with more... on the flip side there are many I am sure that may be interested in either or both groups so not as lonely as some might assume

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Why would you fragment yourselves? There's a group {another forum}, there's doggies {somewhere, but I don't know where} this {now} and probably heaps more ...
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I really dont know why people try and think they can do anything. Especially in AUS. There are jack shit vapers in this country. The government don't give a shit about what people have to say these days. Money talks and bullshit runs the marathon.
    Just stock up on your nic store it in your freezer and take it like a girl on prom night. (Or the aussie equivalent).
    We will not win theres too much cash on the line.

You think they give a shit about the science. There is already enough information to prove ecigs are healthier than smoking. When they start using the think about the kiddies line. Your fucked.
    Last edited by arth_d; 09-05-15 at 08:19 PM.
    sc_rufctr, Northerner and gsdl like this.

AVF Regular
    FYI, I don't belong to any group so you are mistaken RATM.

AVF Regular
    Do or do not .. I suppose in the end you do what you feel is right and or to survive .. in the end I suppose only you have to live with the kind of decisions you make both good and bad

You know the reasons for fighting and the reasons against so as an intelligent (albeit quirky) person am not going to insult you with explanations or by telling anyone what they should do .. I can only do whats right for me as I would expect others to do whats right for them

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    I really dont know why people try and think they can do anything. Especially in AUS. There are jack shit vapers in this country. The government don't give a shit about what people have to say these days. Money talks and bullshit runs the marathon.
    Just stock up on your nic store it in your freezer and take it like a girl on prom night. (Or the aussie equivalent).
    We will not win theres too much cash on the line.

You think they give a shit about the science. There is already enough information to prove ecigs are healthier than smoking. When they start using the think about the kiddies line. Your fucked.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    There are jack shit vapers in this country.
    Jack Shit vapers...
    Wait a minute, is that a new flavor?
    Have you tried it?

arth_d, giruvian, gtadmin and 4 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    not renewing the other site

it mostly gets spam, with occasional flurries in the welcome thread

not worth paying for, i was just providing space, not running anything. but like i said it was just an ongoing welcome thread in the end
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast