Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Proposed NSW Legislation

AVF Regular

Proposed NSW Legislation

Re the SMH article at Health officials admit failure to prosecute over potentially lethal e-cigarettes:

The Public Health (Tobacco) Amendment (E-cigarettes) Bill 2015 is currently before parliament. The original Bill, the speech by the minister, and amendments proposed by the Greens and by Labor are at:

Public Health (Tobacco) Amendment (E-cigarettes) Bill 2015 - NSW Parliament

The original Bill is "to prohibit the sale of e-cigarettes and e-cigarette accessories to persons who are under the age of 18 years"

The Greens' proposed amendments relate to:

• Purchase of e-cigarettes for, and seizure of e-cigarettes from, minors
    • Prohibition of e-cigarettes by Minister and smoking e-cigarettes in vehicles with juveniles

The second one is the worrying one - they want to ban flavours: anything that has a distinctive fruity, sweet or confectionery-like character that might encourage a minor to smoke

They also want to prohibit vaping in cars if there is a juvenile present (ie include e-cigs in the current smoking legislation that prohibits that).

Labor want to

• Regulate "the packaging, advertising and display" of e-cigarettes in the same way as cigarettes
    • Expand the Smoke-Free Environment Act 2000 to e-cigarettes
    Crisscross and Fatman like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Sigh...............
    Fatman, Coxy and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Super Moderator
    They would be legal to sell, buy and possess by an adult, yes?

Some of those amendments probably wouldn't pass though?
    Fatman and Browny like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Am not adverse to the to not selling minors thing (if needed parents can buy the for kids if needed liked they have always done with analogues) .. or vaping in the car .. I wont vape if the midget is in the car as it is...s or if someone in the car is a non smoker or non vaper

As to the flavours.. If it passes through I see its possible to buy really good flavours from shops who sell nice cake and cooking flavouring .. they have great stuff like flavours from great brands flavour west and others..

Been looking at pics from cloud comps and dont think I even disagree with some (not all) indoor bans

Still not overly horrible just yet..
    Fatman likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Personally, I have a few concerns:

• I don't want to have to mix my own flavours - I'm lazy, and it just doesn't interest me
    • Having to buy and mix flavours makes it much harder for new vapers to get started
    • I suspect that juices are where the local vendors make their money - and I want local vendors to make money!
    • I don't know what the proposed amendments re 'packaging, advertising and display' mean for the fledgling b&ms
    • Lumping e-cigs into the Smoke-free Environment Act means they will be included in the ever-increasing list of restrictions; I feel that eventually you will only be able to smoke (and vape) inside you own home.

The flavours/children thing really, really irritates me. It's ok to sell alcoholic drinks with descriptions like this:

Sensuous and seductive with rich coco heritage, FUSIONice Chocolate treats your taste buds to a moment of chocolate bliss. An enchanting chocolate taste leaves those who enjoy a fine chocolate with a smooth satisfied feeling of taste and can be served as a shooter or infused with ice-cream. FUSIONice Chocolate ensures a little taste of heaven, and should be savoured by all. Our triple distilled Premium Vodka base ensures character in every delightful sip, and should always be served ice cold to feel its full taste.
    YMMV

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    They would be legal to sell, buy and possess by an adult, yes?

Some of those amendments probably wouldn't pass though?
    Sorry, missed this.

Yes, and yes - as far as I know.

I should add, I'm 100% in favour of prohibiting sales to minors.
    gtadmin and Browny like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Pure Propaganda, I watched it cos I channel-hop during ads and just caught the interview.
    Conveniently left out Dr Farsalinos's research, and used sub-standard "opinions"

Conveniently glamorized 1st generation e-cig, ( the ones with the light at the tip,
    which all who I know don't use those), by using the ritzy roaring 1920's look.
    We know it's not that.

Knows nothing about the current vape methods, it resembles nothing like a cig, it's a VAPE.

He know how to talk though, using scare mongering words at the right part of a sentence, but we know used car dealers do the same. He has lost all credibility by trying to talk down the vape.
    Vaping iis here to stay. I am really not sure how they are going to go about regulating, but if they do and it affects my current brand of flavor and nic, then I'm sure they run the risk of causing an underground community and we know where that leads to, they will make it worse for all of us.
    Overall, the guy is a stooge and if the cancer council is serious of informing with the right stuff, they need to get someone else who has no vested interests or affiliations, is fair and unbiased.

The ABC ought to get real with the vaping community and stop messing about with this. It's our life and for me I have never felt better since I started vaping. My lungs seem very very clear now and I actually do walk willingly every day for at least 30-45 minutes, lost over 10 kilos in weight due to this and due mainly cos I am no longer a slave to tobacco/tar inducements clouting my lungs.
    I believe I may have avoided lung cancer, this is my opinion, I know I feel better since vaping.
    So go screw ya self who ever you were on that ABC show last nite, f-of and leave us alone, just FK OFF
    SmokeHead likes this.

AVF Regular
    I get this and agree there is hypocracy and there is a google+ group working on it apparently .. however as it stands you have

The Labor party wanting to do thier thing
    The Greens wanting to do thier thing
    And hell knows what the liberals want
    Cancer Council wanting to do thier thing
    TGA
    Heart Foundation
    World Health Organisation whom everybody has to more or less abide by
    FDA from America who act as a guide often for Australian policy

Sometimes conflicting interests between consumer and customer

Govt revenue/ almost clean profit which they wont want to lose

Outside interests-
    BT and BP
    Oh and that international standardisation company that look as tho they were hired by someone

Others I have glaringly missed
    so until some experienced community development workers, policy writers, legal people and others come to the party .. I am not sure what can be done .. There is no real and guided strategy to counter the above

Its all well and good to scream the sky is falling like we see so often but until people get thier shiz togeather properly .. and soon .. things will mostly remain as is

Maybe write a letter or join the google + group

Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Personally, I have a few concerns:

• I don't want to have to mix my own flavours - I'm lazy, and it just doesn't interest me
    • Having to buy and mix flavours makes it much harder for new vapers to get started
    • I suspect that juices are where the local vendors make their money - and I want local vendors to make money!
    • I don't know what the proposed amendments re 'packaging, advertising and display' mean for the fledgling b&ms
    • Lumping e-cigs into the Smoke-free Environment Act means they will be included in the ever-increasing list of restrictions; I feel that eventually you will only be able to smoke (and vape) inside you own home.

The flavours/children thing really, really irritates me. It's ok to sell alcoholic drinks with descriptions like this:

YMMV
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 15-05-15 at 03:52 PM.
    itslilox likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    It was going to happen sooner or later. We have been in a PR war with health council for awhile and have been losing.
    I'm surprised that's all they want to do.

Liberals hate the greens, Labour wont back them unless it helps them pass their amendment.
    If thats all they want to do and it eventually shuts up cancer council "think of the kids speech" im all for it

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Ö Lumping e-cigs into the Smoke-free Environment Act means they will be included in the ever-increasing list of restrictions; I feel that eventually you will only be able to smoke (and vape) inside you own home.
    .. And only if no children are present.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast