Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Just heard ridiculous news about vaping on the radio!

Just heard ridiculous news about vaping on the radio!

I live in NSW and heard what is probably national news on my local radio station this morning. The news claimed that the Cancer Council has stated that e-cigarettes have ruined years of the hard work they have done. (The news also stated that they are bringing in equal penalties for selling e-cigs to minors as there are for cigarettes, which I have no problem with).

I find this appalling that they can claim this and I honestly cant believe that the Cancer Council is against us. THEY SHOULD BE WITH US! Would they rather we all go back to cigarettes and smoke till we die. It annoys me so much that the fools who make these statements are probably people who have never even smoked, and they just don't take the time to understand our side if the argument. They obviously aren't making the claims from direct experience or they would know the true reality of the situation that E-cigs are a much healthier alternative to cigarettes and could literally save minions of lives.

I just find the whole idea of the Cancer Council being against us utterly appalling. I know they would rather people neither vaped or smoked, but this just isn't a viable option as the government and big tobacco will never stop cigarettes. So the way I see it is E-cigs need to take over to save millions of lives and they should be with us!

This is a life saving and history making revolution, and it should not be hindered!

It makes me sick that anyone would try to stop E-cigs and any attempt to do this in my eyes is directly encouraging cigarette smoking and is a crime in my eyes. Any actions negative to vaping are Pro-Cigarette! Does the Cancer Council understand this? I say to them pick a side, and it seems they would rather we smoke!

I have no problem with all the good work that the Cancer Council does, but they have clearly taken the wrong side of the argument here and I will be contacting them to express this. I would love to encourage anybody reading this to do the same and defend ours rights but I fear that if we do try to defend our side of the argument it could make things worse for us.

It annoys me so much that the people expressing this rubbish in the media just don't know the facts and obviously just don't have any idea what they are talking about, and any of the robots that believe the negative things the media feeds them about this subject are just small minded pawns. I mean, I'm certain most of the news staff reporting on this have never heard of E-cigs, they do a quick Google search, then decide that they know everything, and start writing their pathetic news (if you can even call it that). It angers me so much.

The people who are making these decisions and statements in the media should be people with firsthand positive or negative (unlikely) experiences with vaping like ourselves, and if they are not they should have scientific proof to backup their rubbish claims before they open they're mouths. (Or type their articles). It isn't a fair debate, and I fear an all out attack from the government and media may be in the near future and our revolution may become a distant memory, while we watch America in some areas embrace it with vape shops on every street, (although yes they have similar problems, but they've gotten far further than we have).

Should we quietly sit by and hope they don't destroy vaping? Or should we make a hell of a lot of noise to defend out rights? I go with the later option. What do you think?

If know if vaping ever got banned in NSW, I wouldn't take it quietly.
    Last edited by JDVaper; 02-06-15 at 11:15 AM.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxNM1pUoOn4

I don't know how tied in the Cancer Council is with Government, or if our States have similar agreements but it could be a similar scenario to what the above video details. This just stinks of fuckery, no interest in saving lives.
    Bobthebuilder likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's true these people don't refer to the facts but just look at vaping from the outside & don't like what they see. I've been vaping for over 18 months after being a fairly heavy smoker for over 50 years so I love vaping for what it has done for me but the vaping scene as viewed from the outside is not a pretty picture.
    We see pictures of people blowing massive clouds that just doesn't look healthy for the lungs to a layman, we see pictures of vapers in rooms thick with what looks like smoke, we see pictures of the supercharged devices that go to 150W with terms like this hits like a champ, this gives a great throat hit, cough cough. Reviewers blowing clouds into the camera & a lot of the reviewers look like the local drug dealer & I could go on & on.
    None of this makes vaping look like a healthy alternative to cigarettes & most people form their views on what they see & not on what they know from the facts available.
    Yesterday I watched a video from Steam Ecigs in Sydney from their new updated shop & it looks a wonderful advertisement for the benefits of vaping but was ruined by a silly segment of 4 or 5 blokes trying to vape some chilly flavored juice & coughing their lungs up. Yes this is all a bit of fun but the lay people from the cancer council & governments watching these silly carry ons will only form a view that this is very bad for you.
    I think those people in the industry should just present a positive look to the public & leave all the fun & silly games to those outside the industry so a better look is perceived by the lay people.
    gtadmin, CMB, Stomp and 10 others like this.

AVF Regular
    aye, we old folk will die out. so provided kids don't start they get their way before long and smoking goes away
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    And get off our lawns you kids!!

(actually, I agree with Rod)

AVF Regular
    Cancer Council at it again in SMH and on facebook thread

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    The Cancer Council is Big Pharma's way of getting around the advertising laws
    Because it's a foundation, it doesn't have to tell the truth, it just has to sound credible.
    If they tried to say that in a ad, the advertising council would drop a ton of bricks on them & their first born.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Retired Account
    NSW cancer council needs to talk to some of their coal face workers then, coz some of those coal face employees are referring smokers with cancer to the steamers when the usual pharma crap fails them.
    DogMan, Browny and Vaporific like this.

AVF Regular
    Pretty sure Cancer Councils biggest funding comes from Pfizer (Big Pharm that produces nicorette products).

That explains the agenda.
    avtek, Browny and nicoandlaughter like this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    It's true these people don't refer to the facts but just look at vaping from the outside & don't like what they see. I've been vaping for over 18 months after being a fairly heavy smoker for over 50 years so I love vaping for what it has done for me but the vaping scene as viewed from the outside is not a pretty picture.
    We see pictures of people blowing massive clouds that just doesn't look healthy for the lungs to a layman, we see pictures of vapers in rooms thick with what looks like smoke, we see pictures of the supercharged devices that go to 150W with terms like this hits like a champ, this gives a great throat hit, cough cough. Reviewers blowing clouds into the camera & a lot of the reviewers look like the local drug dealer & I could go on & on.
    None of this makes vaping look like a healthy alternative to cigarettes & most people form their views on what they see & not on what they know from the facts available.
    Yesterday I watched a video from Steam Ecigs in Sydney from their new updated shop & it looks a wonderful advertisement for the benefits of vaping but was ruined by a silly segment of 4 or 5 blokes trying to vape some chilly flavored juice & coughing their lungs up. Yes this is all a bit of fun but the lay people from the cancer council & governments watching these silly carry ons will only form a view that this is very bad for you.
    I think those people in the industry should just present a positive look to the public & leave all the fun & silly games to those outside the industry so a better look is perceived by the lay people.
    Dead on I reckon mate. The biggest threat to vaping is the whole subculture thing and those who feed it, and the greedy vendors that don't give a crap about anything other than making hay whilst the sun shines.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast