Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Vaping/travel related updates

AVF Regular

Vaping/travel related updates

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/un-...094353401.html
    "The International Civil Aviation Organization announced Monday a ban on e-cigarettes in checked baggage, following reports they have sparked fires in the cargo area of aircrafts. Airline passengers and crew are encouraged instead to carry the devices in the cabin "so that potential incidents could be immediately dealt with," said the UN agency. The ICAO, based in Montreal, works with 191 member states and airlines to develop international standards and safety regulations."
    Borgus likes this.
    I Don't Smoke Analogues

Interesting. I recently flew qantas so I checked their policy before I took my gear on board. On their website, they have a section purely explaining the policy on egicarettes. They clearly state that all ecig stuff should be carry-on only. I would imagine most other airlines would have the same type of policy since vaping is quite global now.

Is this really a problem? It's not really a new "issue' I wouldn't think.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Considering it's coming from ICAO, you can bet your last dollar it'll become more common that you'll have to declare them in checked baggage.
    Li-Ion batteries have had to be declared for a long time now, with special considerations for them to fly in the hold.
    As for the mods themselves, they can be perceived as an explosive threat under X-ray scrutiny. They have all the hallmarks, a "detonator", power supply and an explosive component.

All batteries are meant to be taken in carry on baggage anyway not just e-cigs.

I only flew MEL to SYD and on both the outgoing and return flight I just kept my iStick + naut mini and various bottles of ejuice in my laptop bag just loose in the front bag pocket. The security staff didn't even flinch. I think on one leg I could have sworn that the staff member wasn't even looking at the screen while my bag was moving through the scanner

Anyway, more official policies actually means a wider general acceptance of ecigs for us...
    rebacca likes this.
    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions

makes sense, some batteries you cant even turn off like those cigalikes

And people not properly packing batteries...
    Vaped since April 2012

captcha bugs kept me from registering

I think when all the ecig manufacturer have quality in place, its good for the whole industry. Otherwise slowly e cig craze will go off
    Crisscross likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebacca View Post
    I think when all the ecig manufacturer have quality in place, its good for the whole industry. Otherwise slowly e cig craze will go off
    Rebacca Why not tell us a bit about yourself and your vaping in the new vapers forum. Include your locations and we can see if anyone is close by.
    Kaoself likes this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

I've recently travelled by Jetstar through domestic and I've never had an issue with bringing my e-cigs with me. I have 2 mods in my carry on, the istick 30w with an ego one xl, and the Joyetech VT with the Ego one Mega and 2 juices and my charger. I've also had them in my checked baggage the other times I travelled with them and never had an issue.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Rebacca Why not tell us a bit about yourself and your vaping in the new vapers forum. Include your locations and we can see if anyone is close by.
    XX it's good to see you are consistent
    Beyond Vape Silo Tank - VF Clone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast