• 3 Post By Filfa
  • 6 Post By Northerner
  • 8 Post By Noe
  • 3 Post By nicoandlaughter
  • 1 Post By Borgus

Thread: Interesting Statements

AVF Regular

Interesting Statements

There is a Dr who is apparently all for e-cigs making some outlandish statements. He is saying nicotine is a recreational drug so if a teenager has a puff of a e-cig at a party does that make then dependent on nicotine?. Great that is all we need, another of his statements on the cancer site is Allowing nicotine containing e-cigs to be sold under the same rules as cigarettes would seem to be a sensible compromise. Talk about poking the bear, that is just waving a red flag. Well some people could not just leave it alone, now there are people like this really bringing it into the spot light and the only outcome can only be bad for us. At the end of the day all we were is vapers and still are, but because people just couldn't let it go we are going to be either banned or taxed to the shit house.
    Last edited by Wayno; 16-06-15 at 01:29 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Unless you had your head burried in the sand, you'd know that without any prompting from said Doctor, Govt's, state & federal were looking at bans/tax/a number of other issues to do with vaping.
    Complaining about "bear poking" is not going to achieve a damn thing, the ball is already rolling, at least the good doctor & others like him are trying to put our side of the issues to light & are trying to sway Govt. thinking for our (all vaper's) benefit.

If you don't want to join in, then don't but in fighting is not the way forward.
    Not "poking the bear" was only going to be an option for so long, as the rest of the world made vaping more & more of front page news, it was inevitible that our pollies would throw their hats into the ring & make policies in regard to vaping.
    The time now is not for burying your head in the sand, if you want what is best for vapers in this country, the time is time to speak up & give politicians the real facts, rather than allow ANTZ to poison their ears, without any balance to the story.

If you don't believe politicians are aware & indeed making policy about vaping, watch this:

Last edited by Noe; 16-06-15 at 03:33 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Which doctor are you referring to? Dr.Attila Danko? The doctor who is going to lead the New Nicotine Alliance in Australia, fighting for our right to vape.

As Noe said, if you don't think the government are already aware and trying to make policies you have your head burried in the sand.
    CompLyfe or no lyfe.

AVF Regular
    Governments today act at the behest of their paymasters or the 'noisiest lobbyists', hence the Fed's attempt at dismantling the sustainable energy industry because the carbon based industries funded their election campaign. The Governments response to ecigarettes will most likely be slow as there is nothing in it for them that requires any urgency. Currently big Tobacco is on the nose and any election funding from them a possible liability, the anti tobacco and ecig NGO's are in the current Governments eyes just a cause, seeking more 'Red Tape', so they are on the nose too.

At the same time there are signs from early research that ecigs maybe an important quit aid and that will add to the confusion surrounding the issue.

I am not expecting anything too soon
    Beyond Vape Silo Tank - VF Clone

AVF Regular
    I reckon the pollies should be able to vape in parliament if they want, that would be a huge leap forward for us.

The speaker stands up and waves his hands about madly to clear his latest cloud, before his next relatively pointless and argumentative spiel.
    Noe, Fatman, Browny and 3 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I reckon the pollies should be able to vape in parliament if they want, that would be a huge leap forward for us.

The speaker stands up and waves his hands about madly to clear his latest cloud, before his next relatively pointless and argumentative spiel.
    Order, Order, order, vapemail, vapemail, vapemail, anyone get any new shinies?

Point of order Mr speaker, I'm out of juice, can we get in a batch of NETs this time?

Point of order taken, anyone second the motion for NET juice?
    Fatman, Cath Mort, Browny and 5 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I'll second that!
    Noe, Northerner and trojan like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Hear hear!
    Noe likes this.