American Lung Association refers to e-cigs as tobacco products on their Facebook wall

http://www.facebook.com/lungusa/posts/10151158155860331

Absolutely disgusting, I told them off on FB and so far my response has gotten 25 likes

I wrote:

"I smoked Marlboro reds for 33 years and could NOT quit by any of the "acceptable" means such as patches or failed antidepressants like Zyban that had horrible side-effects. Then I discovered e-cigarettes and have not smoked since October. Smoking took such a toll on my finances and health and I am absolutely disgusted by your refusal to properly investigate them while pushing expensive NRTs that can contain known harmful substances and have a pathetic success rate.

E-cigarettes WORK, they don't have to cost a lot from reputable vendors and leaving cigarettes behind was no stress at all.

Shame on you ALA for your hypocritical stance towards them. Get the real facts and stop spreading misinformation and lies."

I'm not sure where this quote originally came from but it was my favourite response to the ALA's post re: e-cigarettes.

"The CDC estimates 2.5 million people using e-cigarettes, and in study after study it's been observed e-cigarette users either reduce the amount of tobacco cigarettes they use, or abandon smoking tobacco entirely. Even the FDA had to concede in court that not a single person has been harmed though the use, or misuse, of e-cigarettes.

It's an objective fact that 17% of the population smokes until death, making death the most reliable cessation method. This is accepted as a grand improvement, and even the ALA cites the CDC stating that cessation rates hit a plateau ~2002.

We have a moral and ethical responsibly to get as many people off smoking tobacco as possible, as quickly as possible, for as little cost as possible. E-cigarettes have proven a viable alternative by millions of smokers, and all objective evidence suggests they represent over a 99% reducing in harm to the user. It's the job of the ALA to critically evaluate the objective health impact of e-cigarettes, but to date they refuse to do so."

AVF Regular
    Hey Zainwolf
    I dont use facebook much. What were you commenting on? I couldnt find a link to what the comments were about

The link is at the top of my original post but the subject line pretty much says the gist of it. ALA expressed disappointment with groupon offering discount on e-cigarettes and referred to them as a tobacco product. Most ignorant and disgusting from an organization that claims their mission is to save lives. Big pharma pawns or something idk, stuff the jerks.

cut n paste works ..
    American Lung Association
    Disappointed in Groupon for offering a discount on e-Cigarettes? We are, too! Email Groupon (support@groupon.com) and let them know they should not be promoting tobacco products of any kind.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CCC
    Thats funny, i found out about e-cigs from groupon, bought that shitty peice of crap with 1 battery and no nic cartos, nobody will be quitting smoking with them!