AVF Regular

Aus Senate Enquiry Which Includes E-cigs

Some of you may have come across this enquiry which Sen. David Heoftheawkwardlastname (LIBDEM) engineered. I've just discovered that they are still receiving submissions. How to do below:

Submissions are still being accepted.
    Your will need to sign up to "My Parliament" - can be done here: How to Sign Up

Submissions can be uploaded electronically (they prefer it). If you want to submit by another method, use the contacts Various Methods of Contact to find out how.

These are the Committee Members - there are people who can be worked with here.
    CHAIR: Shaun Edwards LIB - SA
    DEP CHAIR: Sam Dastyari ALP - NSW
    MEMBERS:
    David Bushby - LIB - TAS
    Mathew Canavan - NAT - QLD
    Chris Ketter - ALP - QLD
    Nick Xenophon - IND - SA

Participating Members:
    Senators Chris Back, Catryna Bilyk, Carol Brown, Joe Bullock, Doug Cameron, Kim Carr, Jacinta Collins, Stephen Conroy, Richard Di Natale, David Fawcett, Alex Gallacher, Katy Gallagher, Sarah Hanson-Young, Bill Heffernan, David Johnston, Jacqui Lambie, Glenn Lazarus, David Leyonhjelm, Sue Lines, Scott Ludlam, Joseph Ludwig, Ian Macdonald, John Madigan, Jenny McAllister, Anne McEwen, James McGrath, Bridget McKenzie, Jan McLucas, Christine Milne, Claire Moore, Ricky Muir, Deborah O'Neill, Barry O'Sullivan, Nova Peris, Helen Polley, Linda Reynolds, Lee Rhiannon, Janet Rice, Anne Ruston, Zed Seselja, Rachel Siewert, Lisa Singh, Arthur Sinodinos, Dean Smith, Glenn Sterle, Anne Urquhart, Zhenya Wang, Larissa Waters, Peter Whish-Wilson, John Williams, Penny Wong, Penny Wright

Here's a chance to have your say, if you wish, cheers

AVF Regular
    I tried to register but when I pressed submit it didn't seem to do anything. When I first put my password in a combination of letters & numbers it came up in red that it needs between 8-10 characters so I changed it to 10 characters but the red warning was still there. I will wait & see if I get a confirmation email.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    I tried to register but when I pressed submit it didn't seem to do anything. When I first put my password in a combination of letters & numbers it came up in red that it needs between 8-10 characters so I changed it to 10 characters but the red warning was still there. I will wait & see if I get a confirmation email.
    I registered successfully and got an e-mail confirmation immediately. Now I need to find my way to submissions

AVF Regular
    I'm now registered, but I can't find the bill you mentioned. Could you give me a hint or two? I'm on holidays and my Internet is extremely slow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

AVF Regular
    Try "Terms of reference" in the sidebar on your right. Not being sarcastic - took me a while to find it too.

Direct link : Terms of Reference - Parliament of Australia

It's not bear poking if the bear asks for it .
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the hint. It's worth noticing, that submissions are accepted until 24 August 2015. I would like to make a submission, but honestly, it's lots of work. Perhaps we could come up with a joint submission. The terms of reference are:

1. any impact on the health of users
    2. any impact on enjoyment of users
    3. any impact on finances of users
    4. any impact on the health of non-users
    2. any impact on enjoyment of non-users
    3. any impact on finances of non-users

So there are 6 separate topics which could be farmed out to 6 different people, plus everyone could add their personal story. I'm willing to take on any of the six. So 5 more volunteers are needed. In my opinion it should be very dry and factual with references from reputable sources. A bit of emotional stuff could go into the personal story. Any takers?

PS I'm a very relaxed bear, can be poked ... a little