Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: So it's illegal to possess nic liquid in NSW now

So it's illegal to possess nic liquid in NSW now

Sp this sucks.

The sale and possession of liquid nicotine, including in liquids in electronic cigarettes, is illegal under NSW Poisons legislation (Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Regulation 2008 NSW) without approval from the NSW Ministry of Health.

From here.

Anyone know how this will relate to importing nic liquid for personal use?

AVF Regular
    It makes no mention of importing which is obviously or probably a loophole in the law. I know for a fact that people are still ordering nicotine online, for how long we can do this, is a bit of a mystery.

According to that sheet, it is in fact illegal to possess an ecig with nicotine. I suppose the police will have to arm themselves with a nicotine tester to be able to enforce it, or at least, everytime we get pulled up with an ecig, they will need to send a sample of the eliquid to a lab to have tested. Not very cost efficient, I don't think.
    Waratah67 and wedgtail like this.
    I will be travelling in time, please leave a message and I will get back to you last week.

Yeah, I don't think carrying bottles with nic labeling on them would be wise.

In terms of importing, once you receive your package you would then be in possession wouldn't you?

It's frustrating that the government didn't bother getting personal vaping devices approved as therapeutic goods prior to this law change. Very crap policy on the run stuff.

AVF Regular
    I don't and never will understand this witch hunt before all the testing and facts come out.
    If possession is illegal then so is importing.
    They are condemning a lot of vapers and would be vapors to a death sentence on the cigs. how backwards our country is.
    Waratah67 and CCVaper like this.

It is really shit policy, and appeals to the majority of the population who are non-smokers and therefore ignorant about what vaping is. It's pure populism from the NSW libs, but was actually brought to their attention when a Greens senator puffed a vaping device on the floor of the senate. Stating the current laws are "hypocritical" by not banning vaping like smoking. Even though its a completely different thing. So frustrating.

AVF Regular
    I think you will find impoting it comes under federal law which doesn't prohibit it but state law prohibit's possesion.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

AVF Regular
    the customs page which outlined the fact it is not restricted federally recently vanished. but i think that is related to website changes as it is not listed as prohibited or restricted

it is illegal to possess in all states. the problem with what was stated above about not labelling nic is it leads to arguments that "even local ejuice labelled as zero nicotine contains nicotine" by the powers that be

the law came in in '09

not really enforced though
    Fatman and Waratah67 like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Yeah, it's not just "now" - it hasn't been legal to possess nicotine in forms other than tobacco, NRT, and industrial pesticides (with a licence for the latter) in the first place.

This stuff about importing a 3 month personal supply as an unapproved therapeutic good doesn't apply to you unless you have a doctors prescription that pre-dates the date you imported the nic.

What we're falling under at the moment is a law that pre-dates vaping - so they haven't made it up to "get us" or anything, they just haven't changed it to accommodate us.

It's not really being enforced unless you're selling (or they're out to get you for some other reason). The cops already know (and have known for a few years) most of us are running nic - what they're interested in enforcing and concerned about is the possibility of people running other more "potent" substances (hard, illegal in every form drugs). They don't have to test your kit if they want to know what's in it - they can drug test you. Much faster and easier.

And yes, I 100% agree that the only reason we have dodgy sellers selling nic in "zero nic" bottles is entirely because of these stupid nicotine prohibition laws. Get rid of those laws (or more accurately - add nicotine juice as a permissible item to the poisons schedule), and practically overnight the market will be dominated by reputable sellers, selling pre-mixed juice with accurate labels, warnings, and childproofed caps.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    liquid nicotine...

That would make these illegal also.

Fatman, avtek, sc_rufctr and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bk_renesis View Post
    liquid nicotine...

That would make these illegal also.

doesn't count as schedule 7 since it is TGA approved for smoking cessation
    Fatman and btobw like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast