Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Voters are adults and don't need a nanny state to make choices for them

CMB
    AVF Regular

Voters are adults and don't need a nanny state to make choices for them

Voters are adults and don't need a nanny state to make choices for them

Bang on point here

Public health policy is now way beyond its original remit and has become a form of puritanism. Much of the opposition to e-cigarettes arises from the fact that they are pleasant to use. Like the puritans of yore, public health mandarins are haunted by the thought that someone, somewhere, is having a good time.

During debate around the e-cigarette legislation, it was salutary to note how public health on the left joined hands with prohibition on the right, exemplified by extensive co-operation and much mutual back-scratching between Jeremy Buckingham of the Greens and Fred Nile of the Christian Democrats.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by article View Post
    The new laws not only restrict the sale of e-cigarettes to minors, but prevent them being advertised and displayed.
    Damn. So what will this mean for the Steamers? No displaying products within their shop?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    davo sounds like a logical type of bloke,pity he probably wont be heard.
    CMB and Fatman like this.
    RIP VP

AVF Regular
    Great article, thanks for sharing

AVF Regular
    I like this argument far better than the usual "legalise ecigs or people are going to die!!" routine.
    CMB and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    I think this news is great, however I think the article sucks. One, it suggests ecig companies may soon have the same influence as big tobacco, and thats gotta be good given big tobacco's reputation, NOT! And two, on with my tin foil hat, everyone knows or at least should know by now, that voting makes no difference, if it did, those in power wouldnt let us do it. Elections are a scam, just illusions to make the sheeple think they have a choice.
    Mods~ VamoV2(PIFed),V5(x3(2 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Istick 20(Dead),30(x2(Both PIFed)),50(Dead),40TC(x2(1 PIFed, 1 Sold))*Vapor Shark rDNA40(Sold), DNA200(Traded), Flask V2.1(Sold)*IPV D2(x2(1 Dead, 1 Sold)),4S*eVic VT(x2(1 Dead, 1 PIFed)),VTC(x6(2 PIFed)*Sigelei 150W*Smok X-Cube II(Sold)*YiHi SX Mini M Class.*Wismec DNA200(x3),RX200(Sold)*eLeaf Pico, Pico Squeeze(x4)*CoV Wraith*Mechs ~ Genuine Phenom The Beast PVF Edition*Stingray X(x2)*Nemesis(x3)*King*Le Petit Gros(x3)*Kato*Black Hawk*Abaddon

AVF Regular
    For me, this guy is going to turn the Liberal Democrats into an actual force. He was probably elected by mistake due to his clever choice of party name and lucky position on the ballot, but man that's really turned out to be serendipitous for politics in Australia. He's really ticking the boxes for me with his platform, I really hope people notice and vote accordingly next time round!
    CMB and DogMan like this.

AVF Regular
    I would be very careful about what exactly is being supported here ... there are the sweeteners like freedom to smoke, vape, die, guns etc etc but

Liberal democrats stand for reduced taxes, slashing of community services, welfare, health education and foreign aid,

They also stand for privatization and deregulation of education, health, utilities and other services also competitive federalism which has been a failure and more ..

David is also a member of the Institute of Public affairs which represents Tobbacco interests amongst other nasty things .. he has stood against aboriginals and is in support of mining

I get the want freedoms etc .. but I would be careful of the cost of 'freedom' to our society
    tugboatofdeath and Browny like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    For someone with the name RATM, you seem quite in favour of the machine :-)

AVF Regular
    Some peeps like to look under the hood of a machine and have an understanding of its pros, cons strengths and weakness before buying it .. rather then jumping on the next best fad and paying alot more later

As a hobbyist I prefer quality over random shiny and am always happy to rebel, scream and whine if the cost is too high .. in this case for me personally .. I wouldnt touch it with another persons pole

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    For someone with the name RATM, you seem quite in favour of the machine :-)
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast