Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: South Australia Government asking for submissions on Personal Vaporisers

AVF Regular

South Australia Government asking for submissions on Personal Vaporisers

I know many on here do not like politics being discussed but I cant see this on here anywhere
    Sorry if it has been posted before

But the South Australian Government is calling for submissions on Personal Vaporisers (including with nicotine)
    So if any vapers want to have their say now is the time to act or just keep your head in the sand

SUBMISSIONS Submissions, in writing, are invited and should be received no later than 21 August 2015.

Have a look at the Hansard Document in the link to see what two people from Drug and Alcohol Sevices South Australia have been talking to MP's about and their advice on how to regulate e-cigs ( they are witnesses)

Committees
    Vapes of Groth and Mathy like this.

AVF Regular
    PLEASE.......

Would someone with more politics knowledge and time simplify this for me. I get the impression they're talking about these only.....

and quoting WHO mag alot, like that's the gospel for Vaperizing!!!

AVF Regular
    The transcript for the first hearing was painful to read. It was as if they collected every negative media article on ecigs and used it as their sole source of information. Never have I seen Labor and Liberal work so well together.

Looks like they're going to classify ecigs as tobacco products and tax them to hell.

The scary part is that they trying to start conversations with customs to help block imports of nicotine liquids.
    Black Betty likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post

The scary part is that they trying to start conversations with customs to help block imports of nicotine liquids.
    So, what did you expect to happen? The Govt welcome competition with open arms?
    giruvian, akef38 and Black Betty like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Its my occasional childlike innocence, that hopeful, but ignorant state of mind that perceives politicians as working in the interests of others.

Always leads me to binge drinking.
    Black Betty likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Its my occasional childlike innocence, that hopeful, but ignorant state of mind that perceives politicians as working in the interests of others.

Always leads me to binge drinking.
    Those people who take $5,800 helicopter rides at our expense?

Of course they have our interest at heart ...
    Fatman and PurpleVapes like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Well, there's a reference in the "Committee" folder, right above where you found the file that you took that image from. It's a Hansard Transcript of an interview between the SA Drug and Alcohol Service and the Select Committee (Politicians). Have a read. If you're happy with what they said, then take no action.If you believe what they said was bullshit, then say something - anything would be better than nothing, or expressing your angst on an internet forum of people who don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
    PLEASE.......

Would someone with more politics knowledge and time simplify this for me. I get the impression they're talking about these only.....

and quoting WHO mag alot, like that's the gospel for Vaperizing!!!

AVF Regular
    You could choose to read the Hansard Transcript and choose to be a leader. This is not going to go away. People having a say, at least establishes a community. You would choose to abandon all those smokers who may not get a chance? As an experienced vaper, please encourage people to help form what ever legislation is going to be put in place. Because, that IS going to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post

AVF Regular
    Because if we all stand in front of parliament house with banners and megaphones then they may change their minds as that always works. Nick Xenophon may be able to put a spanner in the works if it will be of benefit to him politically perhaps but my knowledge of the internal workings is very limited.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Submissions don't have to be fancy, or in government speak. The purpose of them is to get feedback from stakeholders including the general public.

A few paragraphs about your own story of vaping and any health improvements is all that's required. You could add what your fears are if you couldn't legally vape anymore, or couldn't vape flavours, or use refillable systems. How those things would effect you. Or anything else you want to say about vaping.

The most powerful thing you can write is that vaping stopped you smoking and any health and life improvements for yourself and your family.

The more submissions they get from real people, the more they will understand how this effects ordinary people. Otherwise they will just get input from pen pushers and bureaucrats who have probably never seen a vaporiser.

The government system seems out of our reach, but they are still obliged to consider input from the people who pay their wages. Take the opportunity!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast