Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: More stupidity in South Australia?

AVF Regular

More stupidity in South Australia?

I hope not. But it smells like it. It sounds like Dr. Miranda has already made her mind up:

Meet Dr Miranda Ween: Investigating the safety of E-cigarettes and Vaping | The Hospital Research Foundation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLz0tJVL64
    The clean break: Last smoke on 2/12/2012, first vape on 3/12/2012.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    E-cigarettes are widely advertised as a safe and harmless way to quit smoking,
    Nope that's wrong

There is an astonishing lack of information regarding the safety of e-cigarettes
    Wrong again

100 years ago, tobacco cigarettes were promoted as being safe
    & wrong yet again
    note; what part of inhailing smoke did, people at the time, think was not harmful
    but then dysentery or consumption where more likely to get you anyway!

eteach, CCVaper and Black Betty like this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    At least someones willing to do the research, i wouldn't mind knowing the answers to the questions we all hear and read so often, SA might lead the way to a situation that is actually beneficial to the vapers, who knows, but stockpile some more nic in the freezer just in case.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    At least someones willing to do the research
    Good point Sludge
    Perhaps the jorno was indulging in a beat up?

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

Super Moderator
    “E-cigarettes are widely advertised as a safe and harmless way to quit smoking, however up to 25 per cent of those aged between 18 and 25 say they are vaping more for the novel, fun and social factors – not as a quitting tool,” Miranda said.

Again the Quit or Die Mentality

People in Public Health should remember PV's are a way of QUITTING TOBACCO ( thus "smoking" ) but are not designed for quitting nicotine unless the user wishes to wean themselves off it

( IMO of course )
    JWH, Robray, eteach and 6 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    "We need to better understand the dangers of e-cigarettes as the more knowledge we have and the sooner we get it, the earlier regulations can be implemented to protect the public."

Surely you would research whether regulations were actually needed before jumping straight in and saying the more info we have, the sooner we can implement regulations to protect the public (at least it wasn't "the children").

Perhaps health have never heard of Codes of Practice.
    JWH, Robray, eteach and 4 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    "We need to better understand the dangers of e-cigarettes as the more knowledge we have and the sooner we get it, the earlier regulations can be implemented to protect the public."

Surely you would research whether regulations were actually needed before jumping straight in and saying the more info we have, the sooner we can implement regulations to protect the public (at least it wasn't "the children").

Perhaps health have never heard of Codes of Practice.
    Yep GT .. what hope have you got when the research is being conducted to find out what regulation is NEEDED rather than the standpoint of "Is it Needed"?

They call that "Scientific Bias " determining the outcome before the results are in ... it is less science and more marketing
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    I know mate Surprised {a section of business} didn't just give them the Executive Summary and tell the researchers to fill in the blanks
    Fatman, Cath Mort and Black Betty like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    It much easier to centre the research around that age group, I believe them to be the smallest percentage of hard core smokers (acknowledge generalisation). Where you can research the difference between vaping and not vaping

Vs trying to deal with long term smokers and researching the difference between vaping and smoking.
    Fatman, Cath Mort and Black Betty like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    would it be worth me contacting this mob to see if they want to poke me with a stick , don't panic - I am well fit for my age
    I drive past the hospital research foundation twice a day , could be a laugh or I could be responsible for doomsday
    :0
    Robray, Crisscross, eteach and 2 others like this.
    QUOTE=Fatman; I have licked many things ... some I am proud of , some I am not :(

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast